No products in the cart.
Well here we go again the Sox missed their chance with TLR. Hopefully there will be no comments from egus if he is still out there. Its radical and don’t see all of happening. But it was obvious the sox were overmatched by the best teams.
Lucas Giolito: $10.8M – Tender (sign long term)
Dylan Cease: $5.3M – Tender (sign long term)
Reynaldo López; $3.3M – Tender (sign long term)
Adam Engel: $2.3M – Non-tender (the error in left field as a defensive replacement sealed the deal)
Michael Kopech: $2.2M – Tender (sign long term)
Kyle Crick: $1.5M – Non-tender
José Ruiz: $1M – Non-tender
Danny Mendick: $1M – Tender
Tim Anderson: $12.5M ($1M buyout) – Pick up, easy choice
Josh Harrison: $5.625M ($1.5M buyout) – Decline
AJ Pollock should take the 5 million
OTHER IMPENDING FREE AGENTS
José Abreu (Made $18M in 2021) – resign 3 years – 50 million Need him to attract future Cuban players, plus he is a very good player.
Johnny Cueto ($4.2M) – resign 1 yr 5 million
Vince Velasquez ($3M) – let go
Elvis Andrus ($14.25M) – try to resign but for far less
Pedro Grifol case has been closed.
1) Joc Pederson – 1yr 10 million
2) Carlos Rodon – 4yr 108 million
3) Alex Colome – 1 yr 2.5 million
4) Justin Turner – 1yr 13 million
5) Cody Bellinger – 1yr 13 million
6) Dansby Swanson – 5yr 120 million
7) Chris Bassitt – 5 yr 125 million
8) Willson Contreras – 5 yr 120 million
Propose trades that you think sound reasonable for both sides, and the rationale behind them. A good example of a bad idea:
1) Liam Hendriks + Joe Kelly to LAD for James Outman, Michael Busch, and Diego Cartaya. Dodgers need a closer plus Kelly can return to form sox need good prospects.
2) Tim Anderson, Andrew Vaugn, and Yasmani Grandall to NYY for Anthony Volpe, Jason Dominguez. Oswald Pereza, Austin Wells and Drew Thorpe. Hate to see TA and AV go and Grandall can find his stroke while the Sox get great prospects. TA can go right to short and AV can fit at 1st. Sox pick up 2 great SS’s, this would remind me of the Lindor trade for 2 Met SS prospects.
3) Gavin Sheets and Lucas Giolito to Baltimore for Anthony Santander and Colton Cowser. Hate to see Gavin go and is Gio resignable even with Katz as coach. Gavin returns home to Baltimore who also needs pitching.
4) Lance Lynn and Leury Garcia to Texas for Jack Leiter and Justin Foscue. Texas needs pitching and can take on 2 years of Leury’s contract, white sox need prospects.
5) Jake Diekman to for ………………………..
Catcher- Contreras/Seby appr 26 mill
1st Baseman – Jose Abreu appr 17 mill
2nd Baseman – Yoan Moncada appr 8 mill
Shortstop – Dansby Swanson appr 24 mill
3rd Baseman – Justin Turner appr 13 mill
Leftfield – Cody Bellinger appr 13 mill
Centerfield- Luis Robert appr 8 mill
Rightfield – Oscar Colas appr 1 mill
DH – Eloy Jimenez appr 8 mill
Cease, Cueto, Rodon, Kopech, Bassitt
Colume, Graveman, Crochet, Banks, Lambert, Foster, Bummer, Lopez
Andrus, Peterson, ……….
Ending Payroll: around 200 million Come on Jerry Pony up