No products in the cart.
While the White Sox were busy beating up a pitching catcher to close out their blowout over the Giants on Sunday afternoon, the Charlotte Knights beat the Durham Bulls by beating up a pitching catcher in high leverage.
Carlos Pérez recorded the easiest walk-off homer he may ever experience by taking Joe Hudson deep in the 12th inning to give the Knights a 9-8 victory over the Bulls in 12. Durham picked the wrong day for a bullpen game, as Hudson was their eighth “pitcher” of the evening.
Eloy Jiménez also homered from the DH spot.
Charlotte 9, Durham 8 (12 innings)
- Yolbert Sánchez went 1-for-6 with a double and a strikeout.
- Eloy Jiménez was 1-for-3 with a homer.
- Carlos Pérez went 1-for-6 with the walk-off homer and a strikeout.
- José Rodríguez went 2-for-4 with a walk and a strikeout.
- Yoelqui Céspedes was 0-for-2 with a walk, an HBP and a stolen base.
Winston-Salem 8, Aberdeen 7 (completion of Saturday’s game)
- Oscar Colás was 0-for-3 with two walks and a strikeout.
- Bryan Ramos went 3-for-6
- Adam Hackenberg went 0-for-5 with a walk.
- Ben Norman had his first big game: 3-for-5 with two homers, a walk and a strikeout.
- Andrew Dalquist: 3 IP, 7 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 1 K, 2 HR
Aberdeen 6, Winston-Salem 0 (Game 2, 7 innings)
- Colson Montgomery extended his on-base streak to 40 games by going 1-for-3 with a double and a strikeout.
- Bryan Ramos was 0-for-2 with a walk and a strikeotu.
- Luis Mieses, same without the K.
Kannapolis 4, Down East 1 (8 innings, rain)
- James Beard singled, walked and struck out. He left with an injury.
- Wes Kath went 1-for-4 with two strikeouts.
- Wilfred Veras homered again, part of a 1-for-4 game with two strikeouts.
- Kohl Simas before a rain delay: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K
*Simas slipped into MLB Pipeline’s Top 30 White Sox Prospects list after the graduation of Jimmy Lambert.