First Pitch: White Sox at Twins

TV: NBC Sports Chicago

Lineups:

Take a second to support Sox Machine on Patreon
Jim Margalus
Jim Margalus

Writing about the White Sox for a 16th season, first here, then at South Side Sox, and now here again. Let’s talk curling.

Articles: 3788
48 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
a-t

Johnny weaves in and out of trouble in a way that would be infuriating were I a fan of the Twins

Last edited 4 months ago by a-t
funkerdan

a fan of him or a fan of opposing teams? okay, I replied too quick. Remember that time in Pittsburgh he dropped the ball? Ah that was funny even though I don’t like Pirates.

Last edited 4 months ago by funkerdan
funkerdan

I mean, PGH liked it and I had to hear about it at work

As Cirensica

Boo ya!!!

As Cirensica

What is this awaiting for approval thingy?

As Cirensica

For a gran slam the dugout celebration was kinda tepid

Last edited 4 months ago by As Cirensica
funkerdan

Bring back Yolmer. for the fun! for the gold glove. for the sake of our sanity!

BuehrleMan

Well for scoring a run to take the lead from 7-1 to 8-1 the dugout celebration was overboard bordering on dangerous.

LuBob DuRob

Danger is my middle name.

BuehrleMan

It is? That’s weird. I thought it was Caoimhin.

BuehrleMan

Oh, wait. That wouldn’t make any sense. That’s your first name. Nevermind.

As Cirensica

It was good to see though…sumthing about chemistry.

Last edited 4 months ago by As Cirensica
metasox

Could see from the beginning they have their game faces on. A little hijinks from Abreu with the slide, but the overall seriousness is clearly visible.

Last edited 4 months ago by metasox
a-t

atta fuckin boy luis. 111.2mph, 452 feet. there’s grand slams where there’s tension when the ball is in the air, it’s not certain where it’s gonna land… that was not one of them lmao

Joliet Orange Sox

I’m a big fan of Jason and Steve but that discussion of Enrico Fermi was painful to listen to. Jason ending the discussion by saying “Too bad the update didn’t allow for more chemistry talk.” was very upsetting.

As Cirensica

100%

Joliet Orange Sox

I was fortunate to have many opportunities when I was a grad student to listen to Al Wattenberg tell stories about his years working with Fermi. (Al was part of Fermi’s group and was there for the first controlled nuclear chain reaction and was a great story teller who had a very distinguished physics career himself.) All kidding aside, I was genuinely surprised to hear Fermi associated with chemistry instead of physics. I would’ve thought Fermilab would have made it clear which science Fermi was giant in.

Last edited 4 months ago by Joliet Orange Sox
BuehrleMan

Uhhh, not sure Abreu should be sprinting through the dugout and performing a pop-up slide.

Foulkelore

Agreed, but at least the having fun part is nice.

Foulkelore

Um, why is Cueto still out there?

funkerdan

apparently being awesome but I did wonder the same thing between thoughts of why am I getting eaten by mosquitos inside my room with a view

Joliet Orange Sox

If Cueto comes out for the 7th, any Sox fans at the game should leave the stands and stage a coup to depose TLR.

Right Size Wrong Shape

Nah. It’s a blowout and Cueto has a rubber arm. If he wants to keep going, it’s fine with me.

As Cirensica

Do you have to ask?

a-t

gotta work on the FIP a little to make the analytics nerds happy

metasox

Probably questionable to let him do it, but I applaud him for wanting to set the tone

As Cirensica

Well…this game is fun

Right Size Wrong Shape

Baseball is fun. Sometimes it’s easy to forget.

Foulkelore

Give Jimmy the last three innings for that rare type of save.

tommytwonines

Jimmy Lambert and ReyLo nice two-inning relief options.

Didn’t see beginning- does that score read 9-1 Sox?

Last edited 4 months ago by tommytwonines
Right Size Wrong Shape

No sense wasting Reynaldo in a blowout.

tommytwonines

I wouldn’t have minded seeing Lambert pitch two innings tonight I meant. On another night maybe ReyLo pitches two.

Last edited 4 months ago by tommytwonines
a-t

Reynaldo’s been really, really good, he’s currently the mid-innings fireman

funkerdan

Seby says, it’s 12-1.

Last edited 4 months ago by funkerdan
tommytwonines

Zavala needs to stay on the club. I swear I was thinking that seeing the look in his eye right before the 3-run homer.

Scouts honor. Now he’ll probably go 1 for 25.

Augusto Barojas

Is it wrong to think that his hitting might make him more valuable than McGuire? I know it’s a small sample size but he killed it at AAA this year (OPS over .900) like he never had previously. He’s certainly improved at least some as a hitter. Anyway I like him in the lineup immensely more at the moment than McGuire.

As Cirensica

Good game for padding our run differential

funkerdan

you mean, getting it closer to 0, still in the negative overall.

As Cirensica

Yup…that’s what I meant in my clumsy English

tommytwonines

Kinda tepid response to this beat-down.

itaita

I had to head out for a bit. Dont tell me Robert got injured again.

Foulkelore

No, they were just taking advantage of the big lead.

Greg

This is a lovely start to this series.

Tony – DO NOT ENGAGE IN THE POSTGAME

And now we’ve got testiness…

Last edited 4 months ago by Greg
funkerdan

NO! GO HOME!

a-t

I think that was nice. Especially vs their best (and right-handed) SP. Three times with gusto, fellas!

tommytwonines

Third-straight three-hit game for Robert. He seems lackadaisical sometimes – still hitting .250 and playing good CF – but the upside is nuts.

a-t

Hitting .250? What? He’s over .300 now. Average hasn’t been his issue, it’s power and walks lacking

tommytwonines

Jeez, I meant IF he was hitting 250 etc he’d still be good. Wasn’t clear there – goodnight!