No products in the cart.
You might have sensed from the lack of exciting pitching lines that the White Sox don’t have much in the way of pitching throughout the system.
Kyle Boddy, founder of Driveline Baseball and former director of pitching for the Cincinnati Reds, posted the top of bottom of the leaderboards for minor-league expected pitching stats, and it confirms our hunches.
The promotion of Davis Martin won’t help things in this regard. The White Sox scratched him from his start for Charlotte against Memphis on Thursday, with manager Julio Mosquera saying Martin is heading to St. Petersburg to join the big-league club for the Tampa Bay series.
Memphis 9, Charlotte 7 (10 innings)
- Eloy Jiménez went 1-for-5 with two strikeouts at the DH spot.
- Adam Haseley was 2-for-5 with a double and a stolen base.
- Romy González pinch-hit in the 10th and delivered an RBI groundout.
- José Rodríguez went 1-for-3 with a walk and a sac fly, and was picked off/caught stealing.
- Lenyn Sosa went 1-for-5.
- Yoelqui Céspedes, 1-for-5 with a double and two strikeouts.
- Colson Montgomery was 0-for-2 with two walks.
- DJ Gladney, 0-for-4 with a strikeout.
- Wilfred Veas singled twice and struck out twice.
- James Beard struck out all three times up.
- Brooks Gosswein: 5.2 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 4 K