No products in the cart.
The year-plus absence of minor-league baseball interrupted the normal operations of some affiliates, and one of the byproducts is less regular press releases about minor roster machinations across the affiliates, so some reassignments or status updates don’t register until I see them in a strange box score, or realize I haven’t seen them in a normal box score.
So it may be a public service to summarize the notable prospects on the injured list at each level:
Birmingham: Lincoln Henzman (has yet to appear), Will Kincanon (last pitched May 15).
Winston-Salem: Victor Diaz (of course), Bryce Bush (May 20)
Kannapolis: Jared Kelley (May 22) Yoelvin Silven (June 9), Matthew Thompson (June 16).
- Romy Gonzalez went 2-for-4 with a walk and a stolen base, though he was also picked off.
- Micker Adolfo wore the golden sombrero while going 0-for-5.
- Carlos Pérez went 2-for-5.
- Kade McClure: 3.1 IP, 5 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 1 BB, 3 K, 1 HR
- Yolbert Sanchez went 1-for-4 with a K.
- Yoelqui Céspedes was 0-for-3 with an HBP and two strikeouts.
- Lenyn Sosa, 1-for-4 with a double.
- Duke Ellis was 0-for-4 with a K.
- Luke Shilling: 1 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 1 K, 1 HR
Down East 6, Kannapolis 0 (4½ innings, rain)
- Caberea Weaver singled and walked.
- Bryan Ramos, Luis Mieses and Harvin Mendoza were all 0-for-2 with a strikeout.
- James Beard struck out in his only plate appearance.