With one month of the minor league season in the books — which you can read about in the first and second installments of Farm Fortnight, exclusive to Sox Machine supporters on Patreon — the White Sox took the dark day on Monday to shuffle the rosters in order to give the struggling players at the lower levels some traction.
Kannapolis saw the return of Chase Krogman from the injured list, as well as the reassignments of outfielder Luis Mieses and first baseman Harvin Mendoza from Winston-Salem, while Benyamin Bailey was reassigned to the Arizona League. A.J. Gill took Mendoza’s place at first base with the Dash, who also received outfielder Ian Dawkins from Birmingham.
So far, the results speak for themselves.
Nashville 6, Charlotte 4
- Adam Engel went 0-for-4.
- Blake Rutherford was 0-for-3 with a walk and two strikeouts.
- Jake Burger wore the collar and silver sombrero.
- Gavin Sheets went 2-for-4 with a double.
- Luis González went 1-for-4 with his second homer and a strikeout.
- Jace Fry: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 1 K
*My Nashville Sounds have won 13 in a row. Sounds off!
Tennessee 6, Birmingham 4
- Romy Gonzalez went 1-for-3 with an HBP, strikeout and stolen base.
- Micker Adolfo was 0-for-2 with a walk, strikeout and HBP.
- Carlos Péprez went 2-for-4.
- Ti’Quan Forbes was 1-for-3 with a strikeout and an HBP.
- Kade McClure overcame a rocky start to go five: 5 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 3 K, 1 HR
*A very Alec Hansen inning:
Winston-Salem 6, Greensboro 3
- Ian Dawkins went 3-for-5 with a homer, stolen base and a strikeout in his return to Winston-Salem.
- Lenyn Sosa was 0-for-4 and reached on catcher interference.
- Luis Curbelo went 0-for-4 with a walk and three strikeouts.
- Yolbert Sanchez went 2-for-4 with a strikeout.
- Duke Ellis was 2-for-4, and 1-for-2 on the basepaths.
- Davis Martin: 4.2 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 7 K, 1 HR
- Luke Shilling: 2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 3 K
- Lane Ramsey: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K
Kannapolis 7, Fayetteville 3
- José Rodriguez went 2-for-6 with a strikeout and two stolen bases.
- Chase Krogman was 0-for-4 with a walk and three strikeouts in his return from the IL.
- Bryan Ramos was 1-for-4 with a double, walk and a K.
- Luis Mieses went 2-for-5 with a homer and two strikeouts.
- Harvin Mendoza, 1-for-4 with a walk and two strikeouts.
- Cabera Weaver was 0-for-5 with two strikeouts.
- Lency Delgado, 0-for-3 with two walks and two strikeouts.
- Bailey Horn: 3.2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K, 1 WP
*The Dash are now 3-22.
So an immaculate inning can’t start after the first five batters?
It’s an Aleculate Inning.
Ok my turn to be that guy. Cannonballers are 3-22, not the Dash.
Marcus Evey and Sal Biasi both suspended 10 games for use of a foreign substance.
I’d like to return my copy of The Alec Hansen Experiment.