I’ll admit it: I’m exhausted, and I’m going to be hearing Frank White’s gentle, good-nature chuckle in my sleep.
So after watching seven hours of baseball with more to come in 10 hours, I’m saving everything for a massive missive tomorrow night. But in case you have anything you want to vent about, here are the Game 1 and Game 2 recaps.
Minor league roundup:
- Charlotte 8, Gwinnett 6
- Alejandro De Aza singled twice and walked twice.
- Dayan Viciedo hit a two-run homer, but also struck out twice in five at-bats.
- Tyler Flowers was 0-for-4 with a walk and two strikeouts.
- Jordan Danks went 1-for-4 with a walk and a strikeout.
- Brent Morel (SS) tripled and walked over four PAs.
- Clevelan Santeliz allowed a run (solo homer) and two walks in an inning; no strikeouts.
- Huntsville 2, Birmingham 1
- Charles Leesman continues to pitch well: 6 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 3 K.
- Gregory Infante struck out three and walked one over 1 1/3 innings.
- Hitless nights for Eduardo Escobar (two K’s), Christian Marrero (HBP, K, sac), and Josh Phegley (two K’s, sac).
- Potomac 9, Winston-Salem 2
- Jose Martinez was 2-for-5 with a double.
- Jon Gilmore doubled and struck out twice in five at-bats.
- Greensboro 7, Kannapolis 2
- Juan Silverio hit a triple and two doubles over four ABs.
- Tyler Saladino singled, walked, struck out and hit a sac fly.
- Miguel Gonzalez was 2-for-4, and is showing signs of a hot streak.
- Trayce Thompson was 0-for-4 with a K.
- Justin Collop allowed five runs on seven hits and three walks over 4 2/3 innings, striking out three.
- Screamin’ Kevin Moran threw 2 1/3 scoreless innings in his A-ball debut, allowing a hit and a walk while striking out one.
- Bluefield 11, Bristol 8
- Rangel Ravelo went 1-for-5 with a double, two RBI and a strikeout.
- Daniel Black was 1-for-4 with a walk.
- Ogden 8, Great Falls 5
- Andy Wilkins doubled twice in four at-bats.
- Ross Wilson went 2-for-5 with a homer, two RBI and a strikeout.
- Thomas Royse pitched a scoreless inning, allowing a hit and recording a strikeout.