Last night’s recap took a lot out of me, so I’m going to stick to the box scores. If you want some first-hand observations to go with the results, Josh was in Winston-Salem last night, and Jonathan in Charlotte.
Charlotte 10, Indianapolis 9
- Charlie Tilson went 2-for-3 with a strikeout.
- Daniel Palka homered, walked thrice and struck out once.
- Zack Collins went 2-for-4 with a homer, walk and strikeout.
- Danny Mendick went 1-for-4 with a strikeout.
Montgomery 3, Birmingham 1 (Game 1, 7 innings)
- Joel Booker struck out all three times up.
- Laz Rivera went 0-for-3 with a strikeout.
- Luis Gonzalez was 0-for-2 with a walk and a K, and was caught stealing.
- Gavin Sheets, 1-for-3 with a strikeout.
- Micker Adolfo singled, walked and struck out.
- Blake Rutherford hit his second homer for his hit during a 1-for-3 day. He struck out once.
- Ti’Quan Forbes went 0-for-2 with a walk.
- Kodi Medeiros: 4.2 IP, 7 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 4 BB, 6 K, 2 WP
Montgomery 3, Birmingham 2 (Game 2, 7 innings)
- Joel Booker went 0-for-2 with a walk, HBP, strikeout and stolen base.
- Luis Gonzalez tripled, singled and struck out.
- Gavin Sheets, Micker Adolfo and Ti’Quan Forbes all were 0-for-3 with two strikeouts.
- Blake Rutherford went 0-for-2 with a walk and a strikeout.
- Jimmy Lambert: 6 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 6 K, 2 HR
Frederick 7, Winston-Salem 0
- Luis Robert returned to the lineup and wore the golden sombrero.
- Nick Madrigal also went 0-for-4, but with no strikeouts.
- Carlos Perez went 0-for-3 with a K.
- Alec Hansen: 2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 4 K, 21 of 32 pitches for strikes.
- Codi Heuer: 1 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
Rome 6, Kannapolis 4
- Luis Basabe went 0-for-3 with a walk and a strikeout. He also stole a base.
- Steele Walker, 1-for-4 with a K. He was caught stealing.
- Lenyn Sosa was 0-for-4 with two strikeouts.
- Bryce Bush doubled, singled and struck out twice.
- Luis Curbelo doubled, walked and struck out twice.
- Kade McClure: 5 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 4 K
Palka is fixed bring him back.
Tilson deserves a promotion before Palka.
me too what? you deserve a promotion?
I bub you “King of the World!”
Wait. So I’m demoted?
Rutherford is sad to watch right now