Continuing our 2018 season wrap-up here on Sporcle Saturday, today’s quiz will challenge you to name all of the players who donned a Sox uniform and took the field –at some point– during this past season. Think of last week’s quiz as a warm-up for this week: (most) of the players that are challenging to name appeared in the past iteration; still, there are 51 names on this list. How many can you name? Good luck!
- I’ve allotted ten minutes for completion attempts.
- For hints, I’ve provided the number of games/appearances each player logged, as well as their primary position(s).
Useless information to amaze, annoy, confuse, and/or confound your friends and family:
- This season marked the first time since 2012 that the White Sox had more than three players with 20+ home runs. (4 players for this year’s team, 5 for the 2012 team)
- This season also marked the second time in five years a White Sox player finished second in the league in triples (10 each time).
- The hits leader on the 2018 White Sox had just 145. The last time a Sox team had less was the 2007 version, when Paul Konerko logged 142.
- Rob Mackowiak was on that 2007 team. He doesn’t have a picture on Baseball Reference, evidently. And if you look on the 2007 team page, he has that shadowy default leaderboard avatar for his profile picture. Rob Mackowiak is a bot.
Direct link here
All data from baseballreference.com
47/51 Missed the last three and I just can’t remember that
50/51. Last week reminded me of
Fixed. I downloaded the file from baseball reference which still lists him with his *old* name. Usually I remember to change it, but not this time.