As Jim noted the other day in his Charlotte Knights season review, there were 28 players who spent time on both the Charlotte Knights roster as well as the major league roster (not including rehab stints). Today’s Sporcle stems directly from that –indeed, a tip o’ the hat goes to Jim for suggesting this as a possible Sporcle– and kicks off the next several weeks in which we’ll be reviewing various players and accomplishments from the 2018 season. Of those 28 players (as a reminder, 10 position players and 18 pitchers), how many can you name? Good luck!
- I’ve given you ten minutes to fill out the list.
- For hints, I’ve provided the position of the player in question and the number of games/appearances logged by the player.
Useless information to amaze, annoy, confuse, and/or confound your friends and family:
- Just four players on this list logged an OBP of greater than .300 at Charlotte.
- At Charlotte, Eloy Jimenez logged an OBP of .399. Eloy Jimenez is not on this list.
Direct link here
All data from baseballreference.com
22. Funny that I kept typing in Jimenez and never came up as a correct answer. Lot of forgettable to remember
23/28. The five guys I missed all sucked. Of course, there were only 3 or 4 guys on this list that didn’t suck.
28/28, but I had my son helping me.
26/28. Managed to forget
26/28. Forgot Scahill and Beck. Oops!
28/28 4:52 left