No products in the cart.
Weather permitting, I’m planning to drive to Syracuse tonight to catch the Charlotte Knights in action. I’m planning to use most of my video attention on Brent Morel, since 1) I’ve never seen him play in person, and 2) I’ve already put together videos on Jordan Danks and Tyler Flowers.
(I’m not sure if I’ll even see Flowers, since he’s started two games in a row. But the good news is that Thursday night’s game will be on local TV here, so if I miss anybody at Alliance Bank Stadium, I’ll have backup.)
If anybody has any special requests, let me know and I’ll try to accommodate them.
It’s an early night for me, so enjoy the White Sox’s first day over .500 since Opening Day.
Minor league roundup:
- Charlotte 6, Syracuse 4
- Tyler Flowers, hitting like he should: 3-for-5 with a homer, two RBI and a strikeout. It’s his sixth homer of June.
- Also hitting is Alejandro De Aza; he singled, doubled and homered, making him 9-for-16 since returning from the DL.
- Jordan Danks went 2-for-4 with a double, an RBI and a strikeout. He was also caught stealing.
- Brent Morel went 1-for-3 with a walk.
- Jeff Marquez allowed two runs on five hits and four walks over five innings, striking out two.
- Jhonny Nunez pitched two scoreless innings with a walk and a K; Clevelan Santeliz struggled.
- Chattanooga 5, Birmingham 1
- Christian Marrero went 2-for-4.
- C.J. Retherford was hitless over four at-bats, striking out once.
- Elizabethton 6, Bristol 1
- Happy returns in this one: Josh Phegley went 1-for-4 with two strikeouts in his first game since going on the DL with the blood disorder ITP.
- Jose Martinez had three singles in four at-bats in his first pro game since his knee injury.
- Rangel Ravelo went 0-for-3 with an RBI.
- Ryan Buch, now starting, allowed four runs on six hits over five innings, including a pair of homers. He struck out four without issuing a walk.
- Great Falls 2, Billings 1
- David Holmberg struck out eight over five sterling innings. He allowed just two hits and a walk, and the run he allowed was unearned.
- Ross Wilson went 1-for-4 with an RBI and a strikeout.
- Juan Silverio was hitless in five at-bats, including a K.
- Winston-Salem OFF
- Kannapolis OFF