No products in the cart.
Larry profiled some of the low-level minor leaguers who are off the radar but worth keeping an eye on, which, in turn, reminded me that I never processed the video I shot of Nevin Griffith.
So, here’s video of Nevin Griffith (and here’s the brief scouting report from last month):
Friday’s minor league roundup:
- Jacksonville 8, Birmingham 1
- Dayan Viciedo went 2-for-3 with a walk and an error.
- Jordan Danks went 0-for-5 with a strikeout; C.J. Retherford went 1-for-5 with a double.
- John Shelby singled, walked and threw out a runner at the plate.
- Clevelan Santeliz gave up two runs on three hits in an inning of work, striking out two.
- Salem 6, Winston-Salem 4 (10 innings)
- Brent Morel went 2-for-5 with two strikeouts.
- Justin Greene went 0-for-5 with two strikeouts.
- Seth Loman hit a solo shot; Dale Mollenhauer had two singles, a double and a walk.
- Jacob Rasner pitched well: 6 1/3 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 5 K.
- Nathan Jones struggled, allowed two runs on two hits and a walk while retiring just one batter. He also allowed an inherited runner to score.
- Billings 4, Great Falls 1
- Jarrett Coker struck out 10 batters over 5 1/3 innings, allowing two runs on one swing.
- Johny Celis went 2-for-4 with an RBI.
- Trayce Thompson went 0-for-3 with three strikeouts.