No products in the cart.
As Jim noted in Wednesday’s game recap (h/t Chris Kamka), the shutout by the Indians was the worst this century, the last coming on May 18, 1999. In a mash-up of Random Box Score and Sporcle Saturday, here’s the number one song on the radio and the number one movie at the box office:
- Song: Livin’ la Vida Loca by Ricky Martin (I’m going to have that song stuck in my head all day, now)
- Movie: Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (Ugh)
Anywho, you’ve probably guessed by now that today’s Sporcle revolves around this game. Here’s your challenge: can you name the players in both starting lineups for this game, and each team’s manager? Good luck!
- I’ve allotted 10 minutes for completion attempts.
- For hints I’ve provided the team and the position of the player.
Useless information to amaze, annoy, confound, and/or confuse your friends:
- Kenny always gets his man? The first five players in Cleveland’s lineup would play, at some point later in their career, for the White Sox.
- Cleveland swept the Sox in this series as well, scoring 13 runs in each game of the series. (Sox were outscored, 39-16)
- The Sox would get their revenge against Gooden less than a week later, knocking him out after 4 2/3, 6 H, 6 R (4 earned) in a 10-3 rout.