No products in the cart.
The day is finally here: the last installment of x player since 2017. Every other type of position has been covered other than relief pitcher, so I suppose it’s fitting that the guys most likely to conclude a baseball game are the last ones to appear in this Sporcle Saturday mini-series.
I suppose that today’s list should probably come with a trigger warning: there are some grim names on here that will bring up some pretty lousy memories of the early rebuild. Alternately, you could cheat by looking at your fancy-dancy rebuild pennant, which absolutely contains some of the names listed here.
In total there are 105 entries you’ll be tasked with naming. A few notes: first, there is some crossover with the starting pitchers from last week and second, the innings totals should be accurately reflected so that they only cover relief appearances. Finally, I excluded position player pitching appearances, so cult heroes such as Yolmer Sanchez, Rob Brantly and Matt Davidson do not figure in. How many can you get? Good luck!
- I’ve allotted 15 minutes for completion attempts.
- As usual, I’ve listed the year and number of innings as hints.
Useless information to amaze, annoy, confuse, and/or confound your friends and family:
- Of the players listed, the pitcher with the most innings in relief over this period has logged 187 IP over 196 appearances.
- 8 position players have made a pitching appearance since 2017. I’ll let you try and remember which ones (aside from the three listed above).
- You may have noticed one pitcher to make an appearance in 2021 has 0 innings listed next to his name. He didn’t record an out during his lone appearance, but I decided to include him since it was a relief appearance.
All data from stathead.com