No products in the cart.
As the White Sox decide how they want to progress on the closer front, this week’s Sporcle will feature the statistic most associated with a closer: saves. Like pitcher wins, saves can be a flawed statistic as this quiz will show. Still, counting stats can be fun to track and it gives the quiz a variety of names you might not otherwise encounter. (Read: there are some names on this list you may not remember)
Anyway, I set the cutoff for number of saves at 5 to include that pitcher variety mentioned above. In total, that’s 55 entries: how many can you get? Good luck!
- I’ve allotted 10 minutes for completion attempts.
- For hints, I’ve provided the year and the number of saves.
Useless information to amaze, annoy, confuse, and/or confound your friends and family:
- The highest ERA of the pitchers on this list is 5.97 (6.54 FIP!), coming in 2005.
- The lowest ERA is 0.81 coming…this past season. If you want to exclude that due to small sample size, then next best is 1.58, in 2003 (11 saves).
- The highest k% of the pitchers on this list is 35.6, in 2017.
All data from stathead.com