No products in the cart.
Happy New Year to all, and to all: Welcome to a new year of Saturday Sporcle!
Seeing how today is the first Saturday of the year, I thought that the theme should be centered around new players. Your challenge for this week: name the White Sox batters who have logged at least 1 bWAR in their first season in the majors. In total, 35 names made the cut: about half are of recent vintage (1985-present); the other half will make you wish you paid more attention to Jim’s White Sox history posts. Good luck!
- As always, last names only are accepted, as well as first and last. For several of the players, nicknames and/or first names will also be accepted.
- Since this list spans the entirety of White Sox history, I’m giving you a generous 15 minutes to attempt completion.
- For hints, I’ve provided the season, the bWAR logged, and the primary position(s) of the player.
Useless information to amaze, annoy, confound, and/or sadden your friends:
- 11 of the players on this list finished in the top ten Rookie of the Year voting.
- From those 11, three went on to win Rookie of the Year.
- The youngest players on this list to make their debut were both 21, while the elder statesmen of the group led the way at the ripe old age of 30.
All data from baseballreference.com