No products in the cart.
Following along the path of last week’s Sporcle, it’s time to shift gears and move over to left field and center field. While right field has been a bit of a tire fire over the last several seasons, left and center has generally fared better.
However, “generally” does a bit of heavy lifting: that doesn’t mean there aren’t still plenty of strange names from which to choose! In 2021, for example, the White Sox still started 13 different players in left field, making that the roster with the most guys manning that position from any of the years covered in this Sporcle.
So, like last week, I’m asking you to remember –from 2017 to the present– which players have logged time in either (or both, in some cases) left field or center field. That’s a total of 66 names: how many can you get? Good luck!
- I’ve allotted 10 minutes for completion attempts.
- For hints, I’ve provided the season, position, and number of innings.
Useless information to amaze, annoy, confuse, and/or confound your friends and family:
- By Baseball Reference’s WAR, the most value accumulated over this span of time is 6.0 (451 games, and not all in the outfield)…
- …but only 12 players finished with positive WAR (0.1 or greater)…
- …while two players finished at 0, and the rest accrued a negative value (with the most damaging coming in at -1.6 over just 95 games)
(Photo credit: John Cordes/Icon Sportswire)
All data from baseballreference.com