No products in the cart.
With Elvis Andrus officially entering the fold on Friday, the veteran shortstop becomes the seventh player to man the position for the White Sox this year. This ties an (admittedly) strange strange franchise record, as the 2022 squad joins the 2005, 1967, 1930, and 1924 clubs to field seven different shortstops in a single season.
Today’s Sporcle will test your knowledge of shortstops through the years, as I’m asking you to remember any White Sox player to appear at shortstop in a game dating back to 1990. And yes, I thought it too cruel to go back to 1901! (Zeb Terry, anybody? Anybody?) At any rate, that gives 130 entries: how many can you name? Good luck!
- I’ve allotted 15 minutes for completion attempts.
- For hints I’ve provided the season, and the number of games the player appeared at shortstop.
Useless information to amaze, annoy, confuse, and/or confound your friends and family:
- No player from this list appeared in all 162 games at shortstop. The closest is 159, in 1990.
- The most home runs from a shortstop is 30, in 2004.
- The most total bases by a White Sox shortstop is 270, same player, but in 2000.
All data from stathead.com