No products in the cart.
Being a lifelong fan has tested my patience and provided plenty of pain. It’s now time to reap the rewards of loving this team for over 40 years. The time is now. Let’s go big or go home. Time to win the whole damn thing!
Write “tender,” “non-tender” or “rework/extend” after each player and their projected 2020 salaries, arranged by the three calculation methods described by MLB Trade Rumors. Feel free to offer explanation afterward if necessary.
- Nomar Mazara: $5.6M | $5.9M | $5.7M non-tender
- Carlos Rodón: $4.5M | $4.5M | $4.5M non-tender
- Lucas Giolito: $2.5M | $5.3M | $2.5M tender
- Reynaldo López: $1.7M | $2.2M | $1.7M tender
- Evan Marshall: $1.3M | $1.9M | $1.4M tender
- Adam Engel: $1M | $1.4M | $1M tender
- Jace Fry: $800K | $1M | $800K tender/trade
- Yolmer Sánchez: Minor league deal or part ways
Write “pick up” or “decline” or “rework” after the option.
- Edwin Encarnación: $12M 0.0 chance-decline
- Gio González: $7M ($500K buyout) Buyout
- Leury García: $3.5M ($250K buyout) pick up
OTHER IMPENDING FREE AGENTS
- Alex Colomé (Made $10,532,500 in 2020) Let go
- James McCann (Made $5.4M in 2020) Let go
- Jarrod Dyson (Made $2M in 2020) Let go
Here’s a first: Pick your manager and pitching coach, with any elaboration.
- Manager: AJ Hinch
- Pitching coach: Whoever AJ wants; rooting for Matt Zaleski.
List three free-agent targets you’d pursue during the offseason, with a reasonable contract. A good example of a bad idea:
No. 1: Michael Brantley (Hinch will help with this one) Great left handed professional hitter that killed the Sox while with the Indians. 2years 30 mill
No 2. Nelson Cruz: 1 year 12 mill with another option year. Ultimate Sox killer. Regardless of age, he’s the best DH in the game and It would hurt the Twins a ton if we could steal him away. Doesn’t he want to win a playoff game????? May have to overpay a little more than this to get him.
No 3 Tyler Flowers 1 yr 2.5 mill to be a solid backup catcher and help bring along young staff.
Heres where the go big or go home mentality comes in. The Brewers have always been a good trade partner for us. I think they’re at a different place than us right now. MEGA deal with the Crew. They unload a good chunk of their payroll and collect a nice haul of young talent from us. We win the whole damn thing 3 years in a row. Dynasty baby!
Sox trade Eloy, Vaughn, Cease, Collins, Adolpho, Steiver, Fry FOR
Yellich, Hader, Woodruff
Probably not likely, but fun and good for both teams. Yellich at 14 mill this year before jumping to 26 mill the next. After we win the Series, Jerry can afford the jump. The other two guys are young and affordable. 3 years control on each of the pitchers. Eternity on Yellich contract. We give up studs in Eloy, Vaughn and Cease, and some other depth pieces/wild cards. Trade simulator has it very close to even.
Check our this roster for less than 150 mill. We can afford this Jerry!
Bench: L. Garcia, Engel, Flowers, Mendick
Giolito, Keuchel, Woodruff, Dunning, Kopech
Pen: Hader, Bummer, Crochet, Heuer, Marshall, Foster, Corderro, Lopez