No products in the cart.
The White Sox play in the 3rd largest market in the country, are garnering national attention, and some view them as contenders going forward but Rick, Kenny, and Jerry still have some work to do. Instead I’ll do the work for them, I expect them to follow this to a tee.
- Nomar Mazara: $5.6M | $5.9M | $5.7M – Seems like a good kid but sorry bud – NON TENDER
- Carlos Rodón: $4.5M | $4.5M | $4.5M – I’ve seen enough. Good riddance – NON TENDER
- Lucas Giolito: $2.5M | $5.3M | $2.5M – Have a bad feeling the last 2 years were a fluke… Joking YES TENDER
- Reynaldo López: $1.7M | $2.2M | $1.7M – He’s all out of whack – NON TENDER
- Evan Marshall: $1.3M | $1.9M | $1.4M – Worried about the shoulder fatigue at the end of the year but it could have just been overuse – TENDER
- Adam Engel: $1M | $1.4M | $1M – Dude hustles, speed, defense, 4th OFer- TENDER
- Jace Fry: $800K | $1M | $800K – TENDER
- Yolmer Sánchez: Uncertain – Non Tender but we all know he’ll be back with the team somewhere
- Edwin Encarnación: $12M – Decline
- Gio González: $7M ($500K buyout) – Decline
- Leury García: $3.5M ($250K buyout) – Decline
OTHER IMPENDING FREE AGENTS
- Alex Colomé (Made $10,532,500 in 2020) – Mr. Lucky Reliable – Really up in the air about this one but I just want to use the money elsewhere – LET GO
- James McCann (Made $5.4M in 2020) – He deserves a starting gig somewhere, it’s been real, appreciate all the work you put in with Giolito – LET GO
- Jarrod Dyson (Made $2M in 2020) – LET GO
Here’s a first: Pick your manager and pitching coach, with any elaboration.
- Manager: AJ Hinch – Feel like the TLR stuff is nothing more than a favor for Jerry, Hinch is a damn good manger with baggage of course but as long as the Sox win I really don’t care about the baggage
- Pitching coach: Matt Zaleski
No. 1: Marcus Stroman (5 Years $100 Mil). He loves summertime in Chicago, Sox looked at him in 2012, he’d slot perfectly right behind Giolito.
No. 2: Jason Castro (1 Year $5 Mil) – Connections with Houston
No. 3: Keone Kela (1 Year $3 MIL) He seems like a jerk which is perfect for the bullpen/ potential closer??
No. 4: Jose Quintana (1 Year $6 MIL)
No. 5: Jurickson Profar (3 Years $18 MIL)
No 6: Robbie Grossman (2 Years 8 MIL)
No. 1: Trade Dylan Cease, Jace Fry, Micker Adolfo, and James Beard to the Mets for Michael Conforto ($11 MIL) – I understand to some this could be too much for a player heading into his contract year but Conforto is a top 5-10 right fielder in the game and just so happens to hit left handed. I don’t want to see the Sox lose out on another premium talent at a position of need because of their lack long term control, trade for him and try and re-sign him. Conforto would fit PERFECTLY. Assuming the Mets are willing to give him up, which is a toss up and if they are then the Padres will come calling for sure (IM NOT LOSING OUT TO THEM AGAIN)
I’m probably over way over the $150 MIL Payroll but damnit it’s time the Sox acted like a top flight organization. I know I’ll be lucky to see 2 out of the 7 players I added but this lineup and rotation/bullpen looks like a damn contender to me
C – Grandal
1B – Abreu
2B – Madrigal
SS – TA
3B – Moncada
LF – Eloy
CF – Robert
RF – Conforto
DH – Grossman
Engel, Profar, Castro, Collins until Vaughn is ready then put him at DH over Grossman
SP – Giolito/Stroman/Keuchel/Dunning/Kopech/Quintana
RP – Heuer/Crochet/Bummer/Kela/Marshall/Cordero/Quintana/Foster
ROB MANFRED GET YOUR FILTHY HANDS OFF MY TROPHY!!