No products in the cart.
Alejandro De Aza, who seems like a highly likely September call-up, bolstered his case with a four-hit, three-double night against Durham.
The four hits raise his average to .302, and he can do a little bit of a lot. He has a solid OBP (.366), slugging percentage (.440) and stolen-base rate (16-for-19).
His biggest drawbacks don’t really hurt the Sox. He’s injury-prone (won’t play enough to matter), and he’s hapless against lefties. But throw him in a fourth-outfielder platoon with Andruw Jones, and his weaknesses are pretty well masked.
- Charlotte 8, Durham 4
- Alejandro De Aza racked up three doubles during a 4-for-5, four-RBI night.
- Tyler Flowers went 1-for-4 with a double, walk and no strikeouts.
- Brent Morel doubled and struck out three times in five at-bats.
- Dayan Viciedo was 2-for-5 with an RBI and a strikeout.
- Delmarva 5, Kannapolis 4
- Jacob Petricka pitched around two errors for a flawless line in one inning of work.
- Trayce Thompson was 0-for-4 with a strikeout.
- Tyler Saladino was 0-for-3 with a strikeout and an HBP.
- Bristol 2, Kingsport 1
- Daniel Black went 2-for-4 with an RBI.
- Birmingham OFF
- Winston-Salem OFF
- Great Falls vs. Ogden PPD