No products in the cart.
Nick Ciolli had a big night for Kannapolis, driving in seven runs, including four on a grand slam.
Talking about his season after the game, he said:
“I kind of struggled at the start of the season, but things have gotten better for me in the second half,” said Ciolli, who hit .262 before the South Atlantic League All-Star Game and has batted .333 since. “I’ve learned to make some adjustments and started to get hot.”
Whatever strides he’s made in his approach, it hasn’t been reflected at all in his plate patience:
- April: 3 BB, 27 K
- May: 2 BB, 25 K
- June: 5 BB, 21 K
- July 4 BB, 25 K
- August: 2 BB, 23 K
By the way, I noticed that Brady Shoemaker has been suspended, and hasn’t played since Aug. 17. Interesting.
- Gwinnett 9, Charlotte 6
- Brent Morel’s average is up to .324 after a 3-for-5 night. One double, one RBI.
- Tyler Flowers doubled, walked and struck out twice.
- Jordan Danks went 1-for-3 with two walks.
- Dayan Viciedo went 1-for-5 with an RBI and a K.
- Carolina 8, Birmingham 5
- Christian Marrero hit a solo shot (No. 7), and also drew a walk in four trips to the plate.
- Eduardo Escobar went 2-for-5 with a triple, RBI and two strikeouts.
- Kyle Bellamy allowed two runs on three hits over 1 2/3 innings.
- Gregory Infante retired a hitter, but also allowed a hit.
- Winston-Salem 5, Lynchburg 0 (Game 1, 7 innings)
- Dylan Axelrod went the distance, striking out eight while scattering seven hits and a walk.
- Jose Martinez and Jon Gilmore both went 1-for-4.
- Lynchburg 1, Winston-Salem 0 (Game 2, 7 innings)
- Martinez and Gilmore both went 1-for-3.
- Hector Santiago, normally a reliever, struck out six over five shutout innings, allowing four hits and a walk.
- Kannapolis 13, Lexington 1
- Nick Ciolli led the offensive explosion by going 3-for-5 with seven RBI.
- Trayce Thompson went 0-for-2 with a strikeout, but drew three walks.
- Juan Silverio went 1-for-5 with two strikeouts.
- Kevin Moran struck out two over a perfect 2 1/3 innings.
- Bristol 5, Bluefield 1
- Brian Omogrosso, pitching for the first time all year, walked two and struck out one in an inning of work.
- Rangel Ravelo went 1-for-4 with a double; Daniel Black walked twice in four PAs.
- Great Falls 3, Orem 2
- Andy Wilkins went 1-for-4 with a walk and a strikeout.