No products in the cart.
Erick Threets returned to action tonight, and just like every other Sox pitcher in the final innings, couldn’t escape the inning with no runs allowed.
The good news? Josh Phegley is now a Birmingham Baron. Since returning from his platelet disorder, Phegley hit .327/.383/.527 at Winston-Salem. That’s just over 60 plate appearances, so it’ll be interesting to see how he makes the jump to Birmingham, which is often the toughest step for any hitter.
- Durham 6, Charlotte 2
- Dayan Viciedo singled thrice and struck out twice.
- Tyler Flowers went 1-for-4 with no strikeouts; Brent Morel went 1-for-4 with a double and two strikeouts.
- Jordan Danks singled and walked over four trips to the plate.
- Erick Threets allowed a run on two hits and a walk in his first “rehab” stint.
- Kannapolis 8, Hickory 2
- Andre Rienzo struck out seven over six, allowing two runs on four hits and four walks.
- Brady Shoemaker homered, doubled, and walked over four PAs.
- Tyler Saladino went 1-for-3 with a walk and a strikeout.
- Miguel Gonzalez (two strikeouts, RBI) and Nick Ciolli (one K) were 1-for-4.
- Orem 10, Great Falls 6
- Andy Wilkins went 2-for-5 with a double.
- Ross Wilson and Michael Blanke were 1-for-5.
- Birmingham OFF
- Winston-Salem vs. Salem SUSPENDED
- Bristol at Kingsport PPD