No products in the cart.
Eloy Jiménez didn’t make it out of his first rehab game intact, but Lance Lynn survived the first of three scheduled starts for Charlotte with no apparent issues.
Just like Johnny Cueto in his debut for the Knights, Lynn appeared to be on the three-inning/50-pitch program, and he ended up completing the former with 11 pitches to spare.
Lynn only encountered trouble in the second, when he gave up a warning-track fly to center, followed by a one-out triple. Carlos Pérez eliminated that runner by picking him off third, and Lynn retired the last four batters in order, including three consecutive strikeouts.
His final run: 3 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K, 24 of 39 pitches for strikes.
- Adam Haseley went 2-for-4 with a stolen base.
- Yolbert Sánchez, 2-for-4 with a double.
- Carlos Pérez? You guessed it: 2-for-4.
- Lance Lynn: 3 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K
- José Rodríguez went 2-for-5 with a double.
- Lenyn Sosa was 0-for-4 with a walk and three strikeouts.
- Yoelqui Céspedes went 2-for-5 with a double and a strikeout.
- Terrell Tatum and Luis Mieses both were 0-for-4 with two strikeouts.
- Bryan Ramos, 0-for-4 with one K.
- Adam Hackenberg went 1-for-4 with a strikeout.
- Harvin Mendoza was 1-for-4 with a double.
- Wes Kath singled and walked thrice.
- Colson Montgomery went 1-for-4 with a double and a strikeout.
- DJ Gladney, 0-for-3 with a sac fly and two strikeouts.
- Jared Kelley: 2.2 IP, 2 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 2 K, 1 HR, 1 HBP, 21 of 41 pitches for strikes.