No products in the cart.
Rick Hahn’s answers make a stop at just about every weigh station on their lengthy journeys toward completion, so it stands out whenever he has any sort of reaction that can be summed up in two words, rather than 22, or 222 for that matter.
And one of his goofiest reactions to date was his disproportionate indignation to the idea that somebody might think Eloy Jiménez is injury-prone. He called it “lazy analysis,” and added:
“That’s just a moniker that again, people try to besmirch a guy’s ability with an unfair label to put on someone like that,” Hahn added, “whether they’re just spouting stuff told by them to others or what.
“It’s unfair and inappropriate.”
This came to mind when Eloy Jiménez, making his first rehab appearance with Charlotte since undergoing surgery to rehab a torn hamstring tendon that he suffered while running hard to first base, left the game with what the team is describing as “right leg soreness” after jogging to first base after an opposite-field single.
- Eloy Jiménez left with a hamstring injury after singling and striking out in his first two trips.
- Yolbert Sánchez was 0-for-5 with a K.
- Adam Haseley went 3-for-5 with two homers.
- Davis Martin did the job: 6 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 4 K, 1 HR
- José Rodríguez went 1-for-4 with a walk, and was caught stealing.
- Lenyn Sosa went 1-for-4 with a double.
- Yoelqui Céspedes, 2-for-4 with a homer and a strikeout, although the homer might’ve been foul.
- Terrell Tatum went 1-for-3 with a homer, walk and strikeout.
- Bryan Ramos, 2-for-4 with a homer, double and strikeout.
- Luis Mieses an Harvin Mendoza both were 0-for-3 with a walk.
- Adam Hackenberg went 1-for-4 with a K.
- Andrew Dalquist: 4.2 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 5 K, 1 HR
Kannapolis 7, Carolina 4 (Game 1, 7 innings)
- Colson Montgomery went 0-for-3 with a walk and a strikeout.
- DJ Gladney homered twice during his 2-for-4 performances.
- Wilfred Veras went 3-for-4 with a double.
- Kohl Simas: 5 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 8 K
Carolina 4, Kannapolis 3 (Game 2, 7 innings)
- Wes Kath was 0-for-3 with two strikeouts.
- Colson Montgomery went 1-for-3 with a homer.
- DJ Gladney made it three over two games, going 2-for-3 with a double as well.
- Wilfred Veras was 0-for-3.
- Noah Owen: 6 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 2 K