No products in the cart.
The White Sox made a couple of noteworthy roster moves in their farm system on Tuesday.
The Knights, shorthanded in the outfield, added Michael Saunders to the mix. Saunders used to be a part of my offseason plans when he looked like an underappreciated outfielder with Seattle, but injuries time and time again interrupted any chance at realizing his potential, and all he and I have to show for it is an All-Star berth in 2016. He posted a .600 OPS between Toronto and Philly last year, and he was available because he hit .161/.291/.253 at Triple-A Norfolk this year. He adds a body to Charlotte’s outfield, but that’s probably it.
Birmingham sent Seby Zavala to the disabled list. He left Sunday’s game after a first-inning flyout, and Scot Gregor says that the injury is a nagging wrist issue. That would at least partially explain his struggles this month. If nothing else, Zack Collins can make use of the extra playing time behind the plate.
- Charlie Tilson went 1-for-5 with a double, which he can use.
- Eddy Alvarez homered, singled, got plunked and struck out.
- Jordan Stephens: 6.1 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 4 K, 1 HBP
- Thyago Vieira had problems: 1 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 0 K, 3 WP
Jordan Stephens on how his stuff plays on Triple A. "Fastball and curveball play about the same. I try to work more of a 4 seam grip on my changeup, but for the most part, good pitches play as good pitches."
— Jonathan Lee (@followmefor3) May 22, 2018
- Tito Polo went 0-for-4 with two strikeouts.
- Zack Collins, 1-for-3 with a walk and two strikeouts.
- Eloy Jimenez hit his eighth homer during a 1-for-4 night, striking out twice.
- Jameson Fisher wore the collar and silver sombrero.
- Danny Mendick went 0-for-3 with a walk and a strikeout.
- Ian Clarkin: 5 IP, 5 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 5 BB, 3 K
- Joel Booker went 0-for-4 with two strikeouts. He was also caught stealing.
- Alex Call, 1-for-4 with two strikeouts.
- Blake Rutherford went 1-for-4 with a K.
- Micker Adolfo went 0-for-3 with an HBP and a strikeout.
- Gavin Sheets and Yeyson Yrizarri both were 0-for-3 with a strikeout.
- Yermin Mercedes, 0-for-3 with two strikeouts.
- Bernardo Flores: 7 IP, 10 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 6 K, 1 WP
- Luis Gonzalez went 1-for-5 with a strikeout and a stolen base.
- Evan Skoug, 1-for-4 with two strikeouts.
- Justin Yurchak went 0-for-4 with a strikeout.
- Carlos Perez, 0-for-4.
- Lincoln Henzman: 5 IP, 7 H, 5 R, 4 ER, 0 BB, 3 K, 2 HR