No products in the cart.
Carlos Rodon’s return to action was a successful one. He made his first rehab start with the Kannapolis Intimidators and met the Sox’ goals by throwing five innings and 65 pitches.
They were also five successful innings, as he held Hickory to a run on three hits while striking out six. Rodon said he threw a lot of changeups his first time out:
— Kannapolis Cannon Ballers (@Kcannonballers) May 20, 2018
The results of an individual game take a back seat to whether Rodon can make another start on regular rest in five days. The five innings and 65 pitches put him within range of just one more rehab start, but that assumes that he responds well to this first outing.
- Charlie Tilson went 1-for-5 with a strikeout, and was caught stealing for the first time this year.
- Casey Gillaspie went 1-for-4 with two strikeouts.
- Thyago Vieira: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 3 K, 2 WP
- Tito Polo and Zack Collins were both 0-for-4 with a strikeout.
- Eloy Jimenez was perfect at the plate, doubling twice and singling twice.
- Seby Zavala became the first to 10 homers in the Southern League, going 1-for-3 with a walk.
- Matt Rose was 0-for-4 with two strikeouts.
- Danny Mendick, 0-for-3 with a strikeout.
- Spencer Adams had a weird line: 4.2 IP, 8 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 2 BB, 9 K, 2 HR, 65 of 96 pitches for strikes.
- Luis Gonzalez went 2-for-5 with two doubles and a strikeout.
- Evan Skoug was 2-for-4 with a K.
- Justin Yurchak singled, bunted, walked and struck out.
- Carlos Perez was 0-for-3.
- Carlos Rodon: 5 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 6 K
- Tyler Johnson: 2 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K, 1 WP
Winston-Salem at Down East PPD