No products in the cart.
It appears as though Oscar Colás has figured out Winston-Salem.
Colás wrapped up a six-game series with the Hudson Valley Renegades with another multi-hit game, going 2-for-3 with a double and a walk. That helped him him clear a .500 average over those six games despite an 0-fer in the middle of it. He finished the week 12-for-23 with a homer, two doubles, three walks, and only one strikeout over 26 plate appearances.
Colás struggled in May, hitting .178/.250/.378 with a 26-percent strikeout rate. Some of that was due to a wrist injury, and some of it was attributed to a general impatience to be done with A-ball, anxious to show power that wasn’t quite coming naturally.
It seems like he’s found his flow state in June. He’s hitting .389/.429/.578 over 98 plate appearances, slashing his strikeout rate down to 16.5 percent. If there’s one thing missing from his experience, he hasn’t seen a whole lot of lefties, but he’s hung in well against the ones he’s seen (9-for-25 with two triples, a double and three walks against four strikeouts).
The Birmingham outfield has room for him, especially if the Barons can bump the 28-year-old Tyler Neslony and his .321/.402/.585 line up to Charlotte to see if there’s anything there.
- Eloy Jiménez DH’d and went 0-for-4 with a strikeout.
- Carlos Pérez was 0-for-3 with a walk and a strikeout.
- Yolbert Sánchez, 1-for-4 with a strikeout, and was caught stealing.
- Davis Martin: 4 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 9 K
- José Rodríguez went 3-for-5 with a stolen base.
- Yoequi Cépsedes was 0-for-2 with two walks and a strikeout.
- Sean Burke: 3 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 K, 28 of 44 pitches for strikes.
- Colson Montgomery went 0-for-2 with two walks.
- Oscar Colás was 2-for-3 with a double and a walk.
- Adam Hackenberg, 1-for-4 with a strikeout.
- Andrew Dalquist: 4 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 4 K, 1 HR, 36 of 60 pitches for strikes.
- Wes Kath went 0-for-4 with a strikeout.
- DJ Gladney, 1-for-3 with a double and a walk.
- Wilfred Veras was 1-for-4 with a homer and a strikeout.