No products in the cart.
Blake Rutherford will be our special guest on the upcoming episode of the Sox Machine Podcast. Josh sent me a sample of the interview.
Josh: It’s been a talented outfield in Winston-Salem this year. Joel Booker, Alex Call, and Luis Basabe went to Birmingham, and now you’re a part of the Luis show with Robert and Gonzalez joining you for the second half. How do they communicate with you playing time to make sure you are in the field and still getting at bats?
Blake: They are doing it fair. We have a rotation once in a while, but everyone is getting a ton of at-bats and we all love playing with each other. Obviously, Booker, Basabe, and Call went up, and I loved playing with them because they are tremendous outfielders. I was able to play with Luis Gonzalez last year in Kannapolis. He’s a great player, too.
Me and Luis Robert have gotten pretty close since he started here in Winston. Just being able to talk to him while teaching him English and he teaching me Spanish. You can say we are pretty close for not being able to communicate fully. Playing beside him is a ton of fun. A lot less ground to cover in the outfield with how much he covers. Never a bad thing for an outfielder.
Josh: Sounds like a buddy cop movie in the works
Blake: [Laughter] Absolutely.
As for Rutherford, Chris Getz like the cut of his jib:
More from the conference call with Chris Getz earlier today. “Blake Rutherford has really answered the bell this year. He hits the ball hard. He’s one of our top guys in average exit velocity. He’s above average for the league.”
— Ken Sawilchik (@ksawilchik) June 26, 2018
- Jose Rondon homered for the second straight game during a 1-for-4 night, striking out once.
- Eloy Jimenez went 2-for-4.
- Seby Zavala, 1-for-4 with two strikeouts.
- Carson Fulmer’s wildness returned: 4 IP, 4 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 6 BB, 4 K, 1 HR, 50 of 90 pitches for strikes.
- Joel Booker went 1-for-5 with a strikeout.
- Luis Alexander Basabe went 2-for-5 with a strikeout and a stolen base.
- Zack Collins doubled once and struck out thrice.
- Danny Mendick went 1-for-3 with two walks and a strikeout. He stole a base and was picked off/caught stealing.
- Alex Call, 1-for-3 with his second homer, a walk and a strikeout.
- Luis Gonzalez went 2-for-4 with two doubles and a walk.
- Luis Robert went 0-for-5 with two strikeouts.
- Micker Adolfo, 1-for-4 with a walk and a strikeout.
- Gavin Sheets doubled, singled twice and struck out twice.
- Ti’quan Forbes went 1-for-3 with a sac bunt, a sac fly and a strikeout. He was picked off/caught stealing.
- Laz Rivera was 0-for-3 with a walk.
- Luis Curbelo went 2-for-4 with a double and a walk.
- Carlos Perez, 1-for-5.
- Evan Skoug went 0-for-5 with a strikeout.
- Lenyn Sosa went 2-for-5 with a strikeout. He was caught stealing.
- Romy Gonzalez was 0-for-5 with three strikeouts.
- Gunnar Troutwine went 1-for-5 with a K.
- Jose Rodriguez went 0-for-4.
- Jefferson Mendoza entered the game and went 0-for-1.