No products in the cart.
Dane Dunning wasn’t pitching that well before the fourth inning of Saturday night’s game against Montgomery. He’d issued four walks along with a wild pitch over the first three innings, but managed to limit the damage to a couple runs.
He didn’t allow a run in the fourth, for that matter, but he might not have escaped larger trouble. His start ended in the middle of an at-bat with two outs.
Dane Dunning's last pitch of the night. pic.twitter.com/svWgV8Dgxb
— Jim Margalus (@SoxMachine) June 24, 2018
He threw a backdoor slider that missed, then took a long lap around the mound before re-toeing the rubber. I’m guessing he didn’t intend to throw another pitch, but was waiting for somebody to take the ball from him, rather than giving it up voluntarily. Whether it was Zack Collins or the trainer, one of them took the hint.
- Jose Rondon doubled, walked and struck out twice.
- Eloy Jimenez went 1-for-3 with a walk.
- Jordan Stephens: 6 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 3 BB, 9 K
- Thyago Vieira: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 1 K, 1 WP
- Joel Booker went 1-for-5 with a homer and two strikeouts.
- Luis Alexander Basabe went 0-for-3 with two walks.
- Zack Collins flipped Basabe’s line: 0-for-2 with three walks.
- Danny Mendick was 2-for-5 with a double.
- Jameson Fisher, 2-for-4 with a triple.
- Alex Call wore the collar and silver sombrero.
- Dane Dunning: 3.2 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 4 BB, 4 K, 1 WP
- Luis Gonzalez singled, walked and struck out twice.
- Luis Robert was 0-for-4 with a strikeout.
- Blake Rutherford went 0-for-4 with two strikeouts.
- Micker Adolfo went 1-for-4 with his ninth homer and two strikeouts.
- Gavin Sheets was 2-for-4 with a K.
- Ti’Quan Forbes, 0-for-2 with an HBP, walk and strikeout.
- Jimmy Lambert: 8 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 11 K, 2 HR, 1 WP
- Tyler Johnson recorded his first High-A save: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K
Micker Adolfo hit one to the 🌕in our 5-3 win over @GoWoodDucks.
We'd give you a distance for the homer, but Trackman couldn't keep up.
— Winston-Salem Dash (@WSDashBaseball) June 24, 2018
- Luis Curbelo went 0-for-4 with a strikeout.
- Justin Yurchak, 0-for-3.
- Evan Skoug went 0-for-3 with a strikeout.
- Carlos Perez had two of the Intimidators’ three hits during a 2-for-3 night.
- Camilo Quinteiro went 1-for-5 with three strikeouts.
- Kelvin Maldonado went 0-for-5 with a K.
- Luis Mieses doubled, singled twice, walked once and struck out once.
- Lency Delgado went 1-for-4 with his first pro homer, walk and strikeout.
- Sam Abbott was 0-for-3 with a walk, HBP and a strikeout.
- Josue Guerrero, 1-for-4 with a K.
- Anthony Coronado went 0-for-3.
- Cabera Weaver pinch-ran for him, then singled in his only at-bat.
- Ramon Pineda: 0.2 IP, 6 H, 7 R, 7 ER, 0 BB, 1 K, 1 HR, 1 HBP
- Hunter Kiel: 2.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 1 BB, 6 K
*Luke Shilling won’t pitch this year:
- Jefferson Mendoza went 1-for-3 with a walk.
- Jerrick Francees, 3-for-4.
Great Falls at Missoula PPD