No products in the cart.
Prior to Sunday’s action, the White Sox announced that they reached agreements with all 20 of their draft picks, as well as 10 non-drafted free agents.
Baseball America’s signing database shows that basically all of their Day 3 overage went to 11th-round pick Jacob Burke, who signed for $225,000, or $100,000 over the maximum slot value. Three other players — 12th-round shortstop Brooks Baldwin, 14th-round lefty Shane Murphy, 17th round righty Nick Altermatt and 19th-round third baseman Drake Logan, signed for $125,000.
As for the non-drafted free agents, here’s the list:
- Right-handed pitchers Eric Hildebrand (Purdue University), Connor McCullough (Kansas State University), Drew McDaniel (University of Mississippi) and Cole Ramage (University of Arkansas);
- Left-handed pitchers Ben Beutel (University of Iowa) and Jacob Palisch (Texas A&M University);
- Catcher Troy Claunch (Texas A&M University);
- Infielders Matt Archer (Lynn University) and Taishi Nakawake (University of California-Irvine);
- Outfielder Chris Lanzilli (University of Arkansas).
- Lenyn Sosa and Adam Haseley were both 0-for-4 with a strikeout.
- Jake Burger, 1-for-4 with two strikeouts.
- Carlos Pérez went 0-for-4, but stole a base.
- Tyler Neslony was 0-for-3 with a walk.
- José Rodrígueez went 1-for-4 with his second homer of the year.
- Oscar Colás returned to the lineup, singling, walking and striking out twice.
- Yoelqui Céspedes was 1-for-3 with a double and an HBP.
- Colson Montgomery went 0-for-4 with a walk and a strikeout.
- Bryan Ramos blew up: 3-for-4 with two homers, a walk and a strikeout.
- Luis Mieses was 0-for-5 with two strikeouts.
- Wes Kath went 2-for-4.
- DJ Gladney had the same day as Ramos: 3-for-4 with two homers, a walk and a strikeout.
- Wilfred Veras was 3-for-5.
- Jared Kelley’s best start yet: 5 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 8 K, 41 of 71 pitches for strikes.