No products in the cart.
The White Sox announced a pair of promotions on Wednesday, with one early enough to take effect. Andrew Vaughn and Nick Madrigal both got bumped up a level, but while Madrigal didn’t appear in Charlotte’s game against Durham, Vaughn was in Winston-Salem’s lineup, 11 a.m. start time and all.
The promotion caught Vaughn in the middle of the slump. He hit just .174/.333/.326 over his final 13 games in Charlotte, which caused his line to drop in Kannapolis to .253/.388/.410. There’s no concern in isolation because small samples gonna small sample, but I was still holding out hope that he’d pulverize A-ball pitching the way that Zack Collins, Jake Burger, Nick Madrigal and Steele Walker failed to in their pro debuts.
He’s off to that kind of start with the Dash. Vaughn reached base three times in his High-A debut, including a memorable first hit:
- Luis Robert went 1-for-4 with his sixth homer, a walk and a strikeout.
- Zack Collins was 2-for-5 with a double and two strikeouts.
- Yermin Mercedes went 2-for-4 with his 10th homer and a strikeout.
- Danny Mendick was 0-for-3 with a walk, strikeout and 18th stolen base.
- Luis Basabe went 3-for-5 with a homer and a walk.
- Ti’Quan Forbes and Blake Rutherford both were 1-for-6 with three strikeouts.
- Gavin Sheets went 2-for-4 with a walk and a strikeout.
- Luis Gonzalez went 3-for-4 with a homer and a walk.
- Laz Rivera wore the collar and silver sombrero.
- Tyler Johnson: 1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Steele Walker went 2-for-5.
- Andrew Vaughn was 1-for-2 with a three-run homer, a walk and an HBP.
- Carlos Perez was 1-for-3 with a walk and a strikeout.
- Lenyn Sosa went 0-for-4 with a strikeout.
- Corey Zangari and Camilo Quinteiro both were 0-for-3 with two strikeouts.
- Romy Gonzalez, 1-for-3.
- Cabera Weaver went 1-for-4 with a strikeout.
- Harvin Mendoza was 2-for-4.
- Lency Delgado, 2-for-4 with a double and a strikeout.
- Luis Mieses was 0-for-4 with a K.
- Anderson Comas, 1-for-4 with three strikeouts.
- Kelvin Maldonado went 1-for-3.
- Ramon Pineda: 1 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
- Samil Polanco went 2-for-5 with a strikeout.
- Jose Rodriguez went 4-for-5.
- DJ Gladney went 1-for-5 with three strikeouts.
- Bryan Ramos was 2-for-5 with a stolen base.
- Anthony Coronado singled and struck out.
- Josue Guerrero replaced him and went 2-for-3 with a double.
- Logan Glass and Victor Torres both were 1-for-4 with a K.
- Victor Torres, 0-for-4 with two strikeouts.
- Joe Jarneski: 1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 1 K
- Wilber Sanchez singled thrice and struck out once.
- Cesar Jimenez went 1-for-2.
- Anthony Espinoza was 0-for-1.
- Ronaldo Guzman: 4 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 6 K