No products in the cart.
While Luis Robert is front and center in the White Sox farm system among White Sox fans, Nick Madrigal probably has more people pulling for him than any other prospect simply because he puts the bat on the ball.
I mean, Dale Murphy wrote a post for The Athletic in which he said “I believe [Madrigal] will be the face of baseball’s next revolution.”
I don’t know if Nick Madrigal is going to become a perennial All-Star, and even if he does, his presence alone won’t turn the White Sox into a World Series contender. But he can serve as proof that making contact and getting on base are timeless, valuable skills. And if Madrigal isn’t the revolutionary I’m predicting he’ll be, another young player will come along with a similar skill set.
- Tim Anderson went 1-for-5 with a strikeout.
- Luis Robert, 1-for-4 with an HBP and a strikeout.
- Zack Collins went 4-for-5.
- Yermin Mercedes came up a triple short of the cycle during a 3-for-5 day.
- Seby Zavala went 1-for-2.
- Danny Mendick was 2-for-4 with a homer.
*Robert added a nice catch to his highlight reel, and stayed healthy:
- Nick Madrigal went 0-for-4.
- Luis Basabe struck out all three times up.
- Blake Rutherford went 0-for-3 with a strikeout.
- Ti’Quan Forbes and Laz Rivera were both 0-for-3.
- Luis Gonzalez went 1-for-3.
- Steele Walker went 0-for-4 with two strikeouts.
- Carlos Perez was 2-for-4.
- Konnor Pilkington: 2 IP, 6 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 1 BB, 1 K, 1 HBP
- Lenyn Sosa went 0-for-4 with a walk.
- Andrew Vaughn was 1-for-5 with a double.
- Corey Zangari, 1-for-4 with a walk and a strikeout.
- Romy Gonzalez went 3-for-4 with a double, a walk and a stolen base.
- Camilo Quintero, 0-for-3 with two walks, two strikeouts and a steal.
- Harvin Mendoza went 2-for-4.
- So did Lency Delgado, with a double.
- Luis Mieses was 1-for-3.
- Anderson Comas went 1-for-4 with two strikeouts.
- James Beard singled and struck out thrice.
- Samil Polanco went 2-for-4 and was picked off/caught stealing.
- DJ Gladney was 0-for-4 with a stolen base.
- Jose Rodriguez was 1-for-3 with a strikeout.
- Logan Glass, 0-for-3 with two strikeouts.
- Josue Guerrero struck out all three times at bat.
- Victor Torres and Harold Diaz both were 0-for-3 with two strikeouts.
- Yoelvin Silven: 3 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K