No products in the cart.
After Rick Hahn briefed the media on Eloy Jiménez’s injury — an ulnar nerve contusion, and we’ll see how soon he regains normal feeling in his hand — he spent a fair amount of time delivering important low-minors prospect updates, which James Fegan relayed.
Yolbert Sanchez: He will likely remain in the DSL the rest of the season, and Hahn attributed the decision to the long layoff between his last regular action, with a defection from Cuba in between. (Unmentioned but important: As Luis Robert’s first pro season showed, there are also tax advantages to spending the whole year abroad.)
*Matthew Thompson and Andrew Dalquist: The White Sox are getting their two highly-touted prep arms ready for the instructional league, and neither will appear in the minor leagues until next season.
- Yermin Mercedes went 1-for-4 with a homer, walk and strikeout.
- Zack Collins returned to Triple-A and walked four times while going 0-for-1.
- Danny Mendick was 1-for-5 with a strikeout.
*Robert had a scheduled day off.
- Steele Walker went 0-for-4 with a strikeout.
- Carlos Perez, 0-for-3 with two strikeouts.
- Konnor Pilkington: 6 IP, 6 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 5 K, 2 HR
- Tyler Johnson: 2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 5 K
- Andrew Vaughn went 0-for-4 with a walk.
- Corey Zangari, 0-for-3 with a walk.
- Amado Nunez was 1-for-4 with two strikeouts.
- Camilo Quinteiro went 2-for-4 with a strikeout.
*Bryce Bush went on the DL after opening July 5-for-39 with 12 strikeouts.
- Kelvin Maldonado went 0-for-4 with a strikeout.
- Harvin Mendoza, 2-for-4 with a triple.
- Lency Delgado singled, walked twice and struck out once.
- Sam Abbott’s hitting streak ended at 11 games after going 0-for-4 with two strikeouts.
- Anderson Comas went 1-for-3 with a walk. He was picked off.
- Cabera Weaver was 0-for-3 with two strikeouts.