No products in the cart.
I’d missed James Fegan’s roundup of his last North Carolina trip of the season, which includes all of Bryce Bush’s bad breaks in terms of health:
Bush hit .201/.285/.346 (85 wRC+) with five home runs and a 31.9 percent strikeout rate in 67 games. A lot happened in that span. He started wearing glasses and got hot at the plate. After nine errors in 10 games at third base, he changed positions and is now a corner outfielder. He fouled multiple balls off his foot — seemingly in the exact same spot every time. He came down with bronchitis, and when he recovered enough for a rehab stint in Arizona, looked sluggish enough in four games that the White Sox thought it was better ease his workload until instructional league. It was a lot of adversity to handle.
- Luis Robert went 2-for-5, and was caught stealing.
- Nick Madrigal was 2-for-3 with a walk and a sac bunt.
- Yermin Mercedes went 2-for-4 with his 16th homer, a double, a walk and a strikeout.
- Zack Collins was 0-for-2 with a walk and an HBP.
- Danny Mendick was 2-for-4 with a double and a strikeout.
- Seby Zavala, 0-for-4 with a K.
*Durham lost, so the Knights hold a one-game lead in the wild card.
- Luis Gonzalez went 0-for-3, so his OPS fell to .682. He was ejected after being called out for interfering with his bunt.
- Ti’Quan Forbes replaced him and went 0-for-2 with a strikeout.
- Blake Rutherford raised his to .682 after singling twice, walking twice and striking out twice.
- Luis Basabe went 2-for-5 with a walk and two strikeouts. He was picked off.
- Gavin Sheets went 0-for-4 with a walk, sac fly and a strikeout.
- Laz Rivera, 3-for-5 with a double and a stolen base.
- Blake Battenfield: 5 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 4 K, 1 HR
- Alec Hansen: 2 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 4 K
- Steele Walker went 0-for-4.
- Andrew Vaughn was 0-for-3 with a walk and a strikeout.
- Carlos Perez, 1-for-4 with a K.
- Lenyn Sosa homered, singled and struck out twice.
- Corey Zangari was 0-for-4 with two strikeouts.
- Amado Nunez, 0-for-3 with a walk and a strikeout.
- Jason Bilous: 2.2 IP, 1 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 6 BB, 4 K
*Kannapolis’ new team name will be unveiled Oct. 23.
- Cabera Weaver went 0-for-4 with an HBP and a strikeout.
- Kelvin Maldonado was 0-for-4 with two strikeouts.
- Luis Mieses, 0-for-5 with a strikeout.
- Lency Delgado was 2-for-4 with an HBP and a strikeout.
- Sam Abbott went 1-for-4 with a walk, strikeout and walk-off single.
- Anderson Comas singled twice and struck out twice.