No products in the cart.
With Lucas Giolito in contention for some Cy Young support and Reynaldo López more closely resembling his 2018 form, Scott Merkin checked in with Dane Dunning, who says he’s motivated to get the White Sox to 3-for-3 on the Adam Eaton trade.
The article includes a status update and rough timetable for Dunning’s recovery from Tommy John surgery:
The right-hander started throwing a few weeks ago but described it as light throwing with putting an arc on the ball from 30 and 45 feet, respectively.
That light throwing is scheduled to run for two months. But by the time Spring Training arrives, Dunning hopes to be throwing bullpen sessions.
“Just starting up that, or if anything, already be into bullpens,” Dunning said. “From there, hopefully be able to go into the extended season and throw in my games and make my way back early June-ish.”
- Nick Madrigal and Danny Mendick both were 1-for-4.
- Luis Robert was 1-for-3 with a sac fly and a strikeout.
- Zack Collins hit his 18th homer of the year during a 1-for-4 night.
- Luis Gonzalez went 0-for-4 with a walk and a strikeout.
- Blake Rutherford was 0-for-3 with a walk and two strikeouts.
- Gavin Sheets had a big night, going 1-for-2 with his 16th homer and three walks.
- Laz Rivera was 0-for-4 with a walk and three strikeouts.
- Blake Battenfield: 5 IP, 7 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 3 K, 1 HR
- Tyler Johnson: 2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K
- Steele Walker accounted for half the Dash’s hits while going 1-for-4.
- Andrew Vaughn was 0-for-3 with a walk.
- Carlos Perez, 0-for-4.
*The Dash have now been shut out in three straight games.
- Corey Zangari went 1-for-4 with a strikeout.
- Amado Nunez was 0-for-4 with two strikeouts.
- Camilo Quinteiro went 0-for-1 with two walks.
- Jason Bilous: 5.1 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 4 BB, 7 K, 1 HR, 1 WP