No products in the cart.
As part of its annual Opening Day roster analysis, Baseball America released lists noting the youngest 10 players at every level.
You can see why the Braves are so highly regarded — with Ronald Acuna, Kolby Allard and Mike Soroka starting the season in Gwinnett, they have the three youngest players in the International League, as well as the two youngest in the Southern League.
The White Sox, conversely, only make a couple of appearances on the list. Michael Kopech is the seventh-youngest player in the International League, and while it seems like Spencer Adams has been around forever, he’s still the 10th-youngest player in the Southern League. That’s
- Charlie Tilson and Ryan Cordell were both 0-for-4 with two strikeouts.
- Daniel Palka did the same, bringing his 14-game hitting streak to an end.
- Casey Gillaspie went 0-for-3 with a walk and a strikeout.
- Juan Minaya is active: 2 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
*Eloy Jimenez is slated to start the season at Birmingham, but since the Barons were off, here’s where I’ll note that he appeared in an extended spring training game, going 0-for-4.
- Joel Booker went 3-for-5 with a homer and a strikeout. He also stole a base.
- Luis Alexander Basabe went 3-for-4 with a triple, walk and strikeout.
- Blake Rutherford wore the collar with a silver sombrero.
- Gavin Sheets singled thrice and struck out once.
- Micker Adolfo went 1-for-4 with a double and two strikeouts.
- Yermin Mercedes, 1-for-4 with a double and two strikeouts.
- Ti’Quan Forbes, 1-for-4 with a double.
- Yeyson Yrizarri went 0-for-4.
- Jimmy Lambert: 5 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 4 K
*Chris Paul, the Winston-Salem native and Wake Forest star, purchased a share of ownership in the Dash.
- Luis Gonzalez went 2-for-4 with a strikeout and a stolen base.
- Justin Yurchak was 0-for-3 with two walks.
- Evan Skoug went 0-for-3 with a walk and two strikeouts.
- Tate Blackman went 0-for-4 with two strikeouts.
- Michael Hickman, 2-for-4 with a strikeout.
- Kade McClure: 5 IP, 8 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 7 K
*Matt Cassidy of Future Sox was at the game.
McClure: 4S sat 90-92, T93 & 94, some fade. 2S 87-89. Slurvy breaker 80-83, flat at times snappy others. CH 84-85 showed up pretty often, has potential. Angle/slot not consistent, may even be tipping.
— FutureSox (@FutureSox) April 11, 2018