No products in the cart.
I took my first full day off from the White Sox on Saturday, opting for the beach instead. So if anybody wants to write a recap of John Danks’ first awful start, send one to me at soxmachine/gmail.
I’ll be at today’s game, and will resume regular writing Monday night/Tuesday morning. Enjoy your holiday.
Minor league roundup (Saturday):
- Birmingham 4, Huntsville 2
- Jhonny Nunez allowed one earned run on six hits and two walks over five innings, striking out four.
- Brent Morel went 1-for-4 with a strikeout.
- Christian Marrero walked once over three plate appearances.
- Winston-Salem 7, Kinston 3
- Charles Leesman: 5 IP 8 H, 3 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
- Kyle Bellamy struck out two over two scoreless innings, walking one.
- Jon Gilmore went 2-for-5 with two RBI.
- Justin Greene doubled, walked and struck out twice.
- Kannapolis 5, Charleston 4
- Trayce Thompson went 1-for-4 with three strikeouts.
- Kyle Colligan did the same, but with only one strikeout.
- Nick Ciolli walked once and struck out twice.
- Indianapolis 3, Charlotte 1
- Tyler Flowers went 0-for-3 with a walk and a strikeout.
- Jordan Danks struck out twice and was hit by a pitch.
- Dayan Viciedo went 0-for-4 with a K.
- C.J. Retherford struck out once and sac bunted over three plate appearances.
- Birmingham 8, Huntsville 6
- Christian Marrero singled, doubled, tripled, struck out twice and drove in two.
- Brent Morel went 3-for-5 with an RBI and a strikeout.
- John Shelby went 2-for-4.
- Kinston 8, Winston-Salem 5
- Eduardo Escobar had four hits, including a double.
- Brandon Short went 1-for-3 with a solo shot, a walk and a strikeout.
- Nathan Jones allowed four runs on five hits and three walks over four innings, striking out four.
- Charleston vs. Kannapolis PPD