The Kannapolis Cannon Ballers only got one inning in before rain in Myrtle Beach Saturday, but the box score didn’t include George Wolkow, Ryan Burrowes or Ronny Hernandez, all of whom the White Sox recently added to the Low-A roster this week.
The development list requires a player to stay there for at least seven days, so they wouldn’t be able to appear in a game until next week at the earliest. They can also remain on the development list through the end of the season if the Sox so choose, because maybe the point is exposure to A-ball routines and practicing with older players. The White Sox haven’t used the development list on many prospects of note — Sean Burke is the only one I can recall — so they’ll be adding to their sample size here.
For the time being, Jeff Cohen talked to Wolkow, who is using the time to get some reps in center field. He said he doesn’t know when he’ll be suiting up.
Memphis 13, Charlotte 7 (Game 1, 7 innings)
- Seby Zavala struck out in his only plate appearance.
- Adam Hackenberg replaced him and went 1-for-3.
*Zavala had an awkward follow-through on his foul tip strike three.
Charlotte 4, Memphis 1 (Game 2, 7 innings)
- Carlos Pérez was 1-for-3.
- Adam Hackenberg went 1-for-2 with a walk.
- Jordan Leasure: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K, all eight pitches for strikes.
- Terrell Tatum went 1-for-3 with two walks and a strikeout.
- Colson Montgomery, 1-for-2 with two walks.
- Bryan Ramos, 1-for-5 with two strikeouts.
- Wilfred Veras was 2-for-5.
- Alsander Womack went 0-for-3 with two walks.
- Tim Elko, 1-for-5 with two strikeouts.
- Yoelqui Céspedes went 1-for-4 with a strikeout.
- Ky Bush: 5 IP, 2 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 7 K, 1 HR
- Loidel Chapelli walked once and struck out four times. He did steal a base.
- Jacob Burke homered, doubled, singled and struck out twice.
- Wes Kath went 2-for-4 with a homer and a strikeout.
- Mason Adams: 6 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 8 K, 52 of 79 pitches for strikes.