Nothing tells us that Spring Training is right around the corner quite like the White Sox releasing their list of non-roster invitees. And, of course, at Sox Machine, Jim writing about those NRIs and myself running a Sporcle of those from the past has become an annual tradition.
As in past years this Sporcle will ask you to remember those NRIs who made their way to Chicago at some point during the season. We’re now up to 92 names: how many can you get? Good luck!
- I’ve allotted 20 minutes for completion attempts.
- For hints, I’ve provided the year and the position of the player.
Useless information to amaze, annoy, confuse, and/or confound your friends and family:
- Pitcher is the most common position to appear, comprising 47 of the 92 entries.
- The fewest NRIs to appear in a season is 2, in 2010.
- 2020 holds the record for the most NRIs to make an appearance, with 10.
All names from a variety of historical and current newspaper sources.
Definitely bombed this one, but props to those with the recollection to name some of the relievers on this list. Looking at you 2013!
51/92, using the strategy “guess all rookies” and happy to have gotten as many as I did. Tough quiz, Ted!
45/92. Definitely plenty of names that I should have gotten, but I also pulled some long forgotten names out of my memory bank. I’m gonna have to study up before next year’s quiz!