A Sox fan and two Cubs fans did this live on the air (Pinwheels and Ivy) to once again fix the White Sox and no Beefloaf we aren’t trading Luis Robert.
Write “tender,” “non-tender” or “rework/extend” after each player and their projected 2022 salaries. Feel free to offer explanation afterward if necessary.
- Lucas Giolito: $10.8M – Tender – Katz Magic is Back Baby
- Dylan Cease: $5.3M – Love me Tender
- Reynaldo López; $3.3M – Tender
- Adam Engel: $2.3M – Non-Tender try to bring back on Minor league deal
- Michael Kopech: $2.2M – Tender
- Kyle Crick: $1.5M – Non-Tender try to bring him back on the low in the minor leagues
- José Ruiz: $1M – Tender but please use him in better spots
- Danny Mendick: $1M – Tender
Write “pick up” or “decline” or “rework” after the option.
- Tim Anderson: $12.5M ($1M buyout) – Pick up
- Josh Harrison: $5.625M ($1.5M buyout) – Love ya Josh enjoy the $1.5 go buy something nice (Decline)
Write “exercised” or “takes buyout.” The question here is whether you think Pollock could do better than one year and $8 million on the open market. I’m filling it in with “exercised” unless you can provide a compelling argument against it.
- AJ Pollock: $13M ($5 million buyout) — EXERCISED
OTHER IMPENDING FREE AGENTS
Try to retain, extend qualifying offer, or let go?
- José Abreu (Made $18M in 2021) – Let go (I may or may not of cried when I wrote that)
- Johnny Cueto ($4.2M) – Let go TYFYS
- Vince Velasquez ($3M) – Let go Vinnie Velo que the fast and furious music
- Elvis Andrus ($14.25M) – Let go….got hot but look at the career numbers also 37
A hot dog and Gyro account came together with a Pizza Puff and told me it’s gonna Pedro Grifol
List three free-agent targets you’d pursue during the offseason, with a reasonable contract. A good example of a bad idea:
No. 1: Brandon Drury to play second base at 3 years/19 milly
No. 2: Cody Bellinger for 2yr/32 million – everything you are about to say I am aware of….I think this will pay off. Let me live!!!
No. 3: Chasen Shreve for 1yr/1 million – Friend of the show signing
Propose trades that you think sound reasonable for both sides, and the rationale behind them. A good example of a bad idea:
No. 1: Liam Hendriks to the Dodger for Ryan Pepiot. Get younger and a 5th starter.
Catcher – Yaz
First Base – Andrew Vaughn
Second Base – Brandon MF’ing Drury
Shortstop – TA
Third Base – Moncada
Left Field – Pollock
Center Field – Robert (suck it Beefloaf)
Right Field – Colas/Bellinger
DH – Eloy
Bench is Leury Garcia, Zavala, Sheets, Romy
Rotation is Cease, Lynn, Giolito, Kopech, Pepiot
Bullpen is ReyLo, Bummer, Crochett, Graveman, Kelley, Ruiz, Shreve, Davis Martin
Let’s Ride….we got $5 million left over so big boss is happy. Have a competition for closer.