No products in the cart.
Oscar Colás took his sacking of Southern League pitching to a new level on Wednesday night. Having come just short of a 2.000 OPS in six games against the Rocket City Trash Pandas last week, Colás took a quick breather against the Tennessee Smokies on Tuesday before resuming his rampage.
The damage: 4-for-5 with two more homers, coming in consecutive plate appearances.
One of the things that jumped out to me with regards to Colás when I first saw him with the Dash against Bowling Green was the way he stayed on left-handed pitching. He entered the game hitting .400/.467/.575 in 45 plate appearances against lefties between Birmingham and Winston-Salem, and with just seven strikeouts.
The only thing that had been missing was a long ball, as all 10 of his homers had come against righties, albeit in a sample size five times as large. Now that particular gap is 11-to-1, and if he wants to keep providing evidence as to why the White Sox should hold onto him for the time being, I support that venture.
- Jake Burger played for the first time since July 5 and went 0-for-4 with a walk.
- Lenyn Sosa was 1-for-4 with a double and two strikeouts.
- Carlos Pérez, 1-for-4 with a homer and a strikeout.
- Adam Haseley was 0-for-3 with a walk.
- Yolbert Sánchez, 1-for-4 with a homer, strikeout and stolen base.
- Tyler Neslony wore the collar and silver sombrero.
- José Rodríguez went 1-for-4 with a walk, strikeout and three stolen bases.
- Oscar Colas homered twice during a 4-for-5 night.
- Yoelqui Céspedes, 1-for-5 with two strikeouts.
- Colson Montgomery went 2-for-4 with a walk.
- Bryan Ramos, 1-for-4 with a strikeout.
- Luis Mieses was 1-for-3 with a strikeout and an HBP.
- Luke Shilling opened in his return from rehabbing: 0.2 IP, 1 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 1 K, 1 HR, 13 of 27 pitches for strikes.
- Wes Kath went 1-for-4 with a strikeout.
- Wilfred Veras, 0-for-3 with a sac fly and a K.
- DJ Gladney was 1-for-4 with a triple.
- Kohl Simas: 3 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- Lane Ramsey, moving on up in his rehab stint: 1 IP, 2 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
DSL White Sox 3, DSL Blue Jays 0 (7 innings)
- Ryan Burrowes went 0-for-3.
- Erick Hernandez, 1-for-2 with a double and an HBP.
- Loidel Chapelli was 1-for-2 with a triple and a walk.
- Carlos Jimenez went 0-for-3.