No products in the cart.
Major League Baseball sure packed a heck of a lot of activity into the past week, what with both the All-Star game taking place on Tuesday and the draft a couple of days before that. Because both took place since the last Saturday Sporcle, I thought it might be fun to pack in two related quizzes: past White Sox All-Star honorees and past first round draft picks.
So today’s Sporcle(s) will test you on: every White Sox All-Star dating back to 1970, and every first-round MLB draft selection (no secondary phase) the team has made (back to 1965, of course). For the All-Stars, that’s 102 entries, while the first-round draft is 76. How many can you get? Good luck!
- You get 15 minutes for the draft, and 10 for the All-Stars.
- Hints for the draft are the year and pick number, the All-Stars is the year and position of the player.
Useless information to amaze, annoy, confuse, and/or confound your friends and family:
- This year marks the first time the White Sox have had two or more of the same players appear in back-to-back ASGs since 2005-06.
- The White Sox have had just two first-overall picks in team history: 1971 and 1977.
- Pitcher has been the position most often represented by the White Sox over the years as it appears in 41 instances on this list.