No products in the cart.
After reaching base in his final 31 games with the Kannapolis Cannon Ballers, I don’t think anybody can accuse the White Sox of rushing Colson Montgomery up the ladder.
The White Sox promoted Montgomery to Winston-Salem on Friday, and the timeline may have been a little on the cautious side. He hit .324/.424/.477 over 205 plate appearances for Kannapolis, including the aforementioned streak, which started the day he returned from a wrist injury that cost him the last week of April and the first two of May.
Montgomery wasted no time re-establishing his place in the Kannapolis lineup by opening with four consecutive multi-hit games, and he ended up hitting .365/.460/.522 with 17 walks against 28 strikeouts over those 137 plate appearances. The strikeouts were a little bit of a problem early, but a 20.4 percent strikeout rate over this 31-game stretch generates no particular concerns.
Sure enough, he extended that streak to 32 in his Winston-Salem debut, going 2-for-4 with a line-drive homer to right field.
- Yolbert Sánchez went 1-for-4 with two strikeouts.
- José Rodríguez was 1-for-4 with three stolen bases.
- Yoelqui Céspedes, 0-for-4 with two strikeouts.
- Jason Bilous: 5 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 7 K, 1 WP
- Duke Ellis was 1-for-4 with a strikeout.
- Colson Montgomery’s successful High-A debut: 2-for-4 with a solo homer.
- Oscar Colás was 0-for-4.
- Brian Ramos, 0-for-3 with a walk and a strikeout.
- Luis Mieses went 1-for-4 with a double and a strikeout.
- Adam Hackenberg, 0-for-3 with two strikeouts.
- James Beard went 0-for-5 with a strikeout.
- Wes Kath, 2-for-4 with a walk and a strikeout.
- DJ Gladney was 0-for-3 with two walks, a strikeout and a stolen base.
- Wilfred Veras, 0-for-2 with two walks.
- Cam Butler was 0-for-4 with a walk and three strikeouts.
- Victor Quezada went 1-for-3 with his third homer, a walk and a strikeout.
- Dario Borrero went 3-for-4 with a double.
- Alvaro Aguero went 2-for-4 with a double, triple and strikeout.
- Manuel Guaríman was ejected before even coming to the plate.
- Manuel Veloz: 4 IP, 7 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 2 BB, 4 K, 1 HR
- Carlos Hinestroza: 1 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 1 K, 1 HR
- Guillermo Rodriguez went 1-for-5 with two strikeouts.
- Erick Hernandez, 1-for-4 with a walk.
- Loidel Chapelli went 2-for-5 with two homers, and was caught stealing.
- Ronny Hernandez and Ryan Burrowes both were 2-for-4 with a homer.