No products in the cart.
“Bull Durham” immortalized the awkwardness of minor league records, but successful franchises should indulge opportunities to celebrate their history. With that in mind, the Charlotte Knights inducted Jordan Danks into their Charlotte Baseball Round Table of Honor on Saturday.
Most of Danks’ career predates the Knights’ transition to the park now known as Truist Field, but between his one year Uptown and everything that came before in Fort Mill, S.C., Danks ended up setting Knights records for hits (449), games played (463), runs scored (250), walks (215) and at-bats (1,682). He took the Charlotte Hit King title away from Joe Borchard, who received the same honor in 2019.
- Yolbert Sánchez went 1-for-4 with a double, walk and strikeout.
- Carlos Pérez was 2-for-5 with his ninth homer and a strikeout.
- Micker Adolfo raised his average to .292 with a 2-for-4 night, including a double and a strikeout.
- José Rodríguez went 1-for-4 with a strikeout.
- Lenyn Sosa is now hitting .377 after going 2-for-4 with a K.
- Yoelqui Céspedes was 0-for-4 with two strikeouts.
- Oscar Colás was 1-for-4 with a walk.
- Bryan Ramos went 1-for-4 with a strikeout.
- Luis Mieses, 1-for-4 with two strikeouts.
- Harvin Mendoza was 1-for-3 with a walk.
- Colson Montgomery went 0-for-3 with a walk, strikeout and HBP.
- Wilfred Veras went 3-for-5 with a strikeout.
- Chase Krogman was 0-for-5 with three strikeouts.
- James Beard went 1-for-5 with three strikeouts and stole two bases.
- Kohl Simas: 6 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 6 K, 1 HR