No products in the cart.
In Thursday evening’s blowout loss to the Red Sox, there was at least one bright spot fans could take with them: Andrew Vaughn’s 2-5, multiple extra-base hit, 5 RBI night. On the season now, Vaughn is slashing .292/.349/.500 (146 OPS+) and with five home runs, is a third of a way to his 2021 home run total in far fewer games played.
The 5 RBI night actually marked the first time this season a White Sox player logged 5 RBI in a game, the last game coming when Yasmani Grandal had 8 in the wild 17-13 comeback victory against the Cubs in August of last season. So today, let’s look at other games where Sox players have gotten at least 6 RBI in a game (Apologies to Andrew Vaughn, who will just have to do it some other game to get on the list. How about tonight?). That leaves us with 53 names: how many can you get? Good luck!
- I’ve allotted 10 minutes for completion attempts.
- For hints, I’ve provided the date of the game, and the position the player was playing at that time.
Useless information to amaze, annoy, confuse, and/or confound your friends and family:
- The White Sox are 48-5 when a player accomplishes this feat.
- The only player to play center field and record 6 RBI: Ken Henderson in 1974, a 3-5 effort in a 11-7 victory over the Twins. Your move, Luis Robert.
- The highest WPA on this list was .852 (4/25/2014); the lowest: -.004 (5/16/1993).
All data from stathead.com