Good morning! As is hallowed tradition around these parts, it’s time to test your knowledge on past White Sox non-roster invitees. Hopefully, you’ve already read Jim’s Thursday column on the matter, as it will give you a significant leg up on the names listed here.
The list has expanded quite a bit over the years and after last year’s additions, we’re all the way up to 81 entries dating back to 2007. Some of the names here played bit parts, while others had significant roles. How many can you name? Good luck!
- I’ve allotted the full 20 minutes for completion attempts.
- For hints, I’ve grouped by year, and provided the position of the player in question.
Useless information to amaze, annoy, confuse, and/or confound your friends and family:
- 2020 set the record for most Sox NRIs to make an appearance, with 10.
- The fewest NRIs to appear in a season is just 2, back in 2010.
- Pitcher, unsurprisingly, is the most common position to appear, with 41 of the 81 entries.
51/81 before I ran out of time. Completely forgot the entire slate of 2014 invitees, but did remember everyone from 2015.
46/81. I did better than I thought. What a sorry collection of players!
Congrats to 3 timer Donny Lucy.