Luis Robert capped off an uneven week in a sensational fashion, belting two homers in a victory over Columbus. The first homer was off a pitcher, and the second homer was off … Dioner Navarro.
Zack Collins had himself a very even week, and it landed him atop Baseball America’s Hot Sheet.
Charlotte 8, Columbus 2
- Nick Madrigal went 1-for-3 with two walks and a stolen base.
- Luis Robert homered twice with a strikeout during a 2-for-5 day.
- Zack Collins went 2-for-4 with a double, walk and strikeout.
- Yermin Mercedes was 1-for-5 with a homer and a strikeout.
- Danny Mendick went 2-for-3 iwith a homer, walk and a stolen base.
- Corey Kluber: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 0 K, 10 of 20 pitches for strikes.
Birmingham 6, Jacksonville 2
- Luis Gonzalez went 1-for-5 with his ninth homer.
- Blake Rutherford singled twice and struck out twice.
- Gavin Sheets went 2-for-4 with a triple and a double.
- Ti’Quan Forbes walked once and struck out thrice.
- Laz Rivera went 1-for-4.
- Lincoln Henzman: 6.1 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 6 K
- Alec Hansen: 1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K
Winston-Salem 4, Potomac 1
- Andrew Vaughn went 1-for-3 with a walk.
- Carlos Perez went 3-for-4 with a double.
Kannapolis 4, Lexington 0
- Lenyn Sosa went 0-for-4.
- Corey Zangari, 0-for-2 with a sac fly and an HBP.
- Amado Nunez went 1-for-4 with a K.
- Camilo Quinteiro went 0-for-3 with a strikeout.
AZL White Sox 5, AZL Mariners 1
- Samil Polanco went 2-for-5 with a strikeout and a CS.
- Jose Rodriguez was 1-for-4.
- Micker Adolfo went 0-for-3 with a walk and a strikeout.
- Bryan Ramos went 1-for-2 with a sac fly and an HBP.
- Anthony Coronado went 2-for-4 with a strikeout.
- Josue Guerrero, 0-for-3 with a walk and two strikeouts.
- Misael Gonzalez singled and struck out thrice.
- Andrew Dalquist: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 0 K
Alec Hansen hasn’t walked anyone in three straight games.
Time to promote him to the major league bullpen fellas. Can’t be any worse than Kelvin Herrera.
That’s four good outings in a row for Hansen. Let’s hope he finishes strong this year.
If I was announcing the Charlotte game, I would have yelled “MICROPIG!” after Robert’s second homer, and only elaborate if the other announcer in the booth insisted.
*Cue Jason Benetti relying on his legal training to issue a restraining order barring me from any booth he is working.*
It would make more sense to yell “micro pig” after Navarro did something good – like get a strikeout on a forkball.
SSS alert- Madrigal has his BB rate over 12%.
Vaughn at W-S: 11 BBs,8 Ks
SSS but would be interested if anything Collins is doing now is showing improvement against left handers
If this Kluber guy gets his walks down I think he could be a good piece moving forward.