I’m in Montreal for the weekend, so just the box scores for the time being:
Charlotte 12, Durham 10
- Danny Mendick and Nicky Delmonico both were 1-for-5 with a strikeout.
- Seby Zavala doubled twice and struck out thrice.
- Spencer Adams: 3 IP, 6 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 1 K, 1 HR
- Ian Hamilton: 0.1 IP, 5 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 0 BB, 1 K, 2 HR
Birmingham 4, Biloxi 0 (Game 1, 9 innings)
- Luis Gonzalez went 1-for-3 with a strikeout, sac fly and HBP, and was caught stealing.
- Micker Adolfo hit a sac fly, walked once and struck out thrice.
- Blake Rutherford went 0-for-4 with a walk and a strikeout.
- Lax Rivera, 0-for-3 with a walk and an HBP.
- Gavin Sheets walked twice and struck out thrice.
- Ti’Quan Forbes went 1-for-4.
- Bernardo Flores before a rain delay: 2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K
- Felix Paulino after: 5 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 6 K
Biloxi 3, Birmingham 1 (Game 2, 7 innings)
- Luis Gonzalez, Blake Rutherford and Lax Rivera all were 0-for-3.
- Micker Adolfo struck out all three times.
Frederick 11, Winston-Salem 10
- Luis Robert went 2-for-4 with a homer, 2 HBPs and two strikeouts.
- Nick Madrigal went 1-for-5 with a strikeout.
- Carlos Perez, 1-for-3 with two walks and a strikeout.
- Blake Battenfield: 6 IP, 6 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB< 1 K
*Robert’s homer temporarily gave the Dash the lead in the ninth.
Kannapolis 2, Rome 1
- Lenyn Sosa went 1-for-4.
- Luis Curbelo was 1-for-4 with a double and a strikeout.
- Steele Walker, 0-for-4.
- Amado Nunez, 0-for-3.
- Konnor Pilkington: 5.2 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 6 K, 2 HBP, 54 of 83 pitches for strikes.
- Jason Bilous: 0.2 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 0 K, 1 HR, 2 HBP
It may be in my head, but I think Laz Rivera hustled a lot more before he changed his name.
I love Montreal, interesting place, very cool people, and good nightlife if you are so inclined. Get some icecream at La Diperie if you have the time.
“*Robert’s homer temporarily gave the Sox the lead in the ninth.”
any Lotto numbers in that crystal ball?
Lets start moving Robert up while he’s hot and see how far he can go.He is the best CF option we have now.