If there was one drawback to Dylan Cease’s second start of the season, he didn’t get to build on his in-game endurance.
Fortunately, you can blame the weather for that one. Cease basically matched his sterling first start column for column:
Alas, he was limited to 60 pitches because he spent the afternoon pitching in a driving 40something degree rain. He didn’t seem terribly bothered by it, as his fastball ran 96-99 with life. He secondary stuff had been better, but he excelled at getting back to the dugout quickly, which was probably the biggest priority in that weather.
Charlotte 3, Indianapolis 0
- Danny Mendick went 1-for-3 with a walk.
- Zack Collins was 0-for-4.
- Dylan Cease: 5 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 4 K, 34 of 60 pitches for strikes.
- Carson Fulmer: 2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 4 K
Tennessee 7, Birmingham 6
- Joel Booker went 3-for-4, and was picked off/caught stealing.
- Laz Rivera went 2-for-5 with a K.
- Luis Gonzalez, 2-for-5 with a triple.
- Gavin Sheets matched his season hit total by going 3-for-5 with a double.
- Micker Adolfo, 1-for-4 with a double, walk and strikeout.
- Blake Rutherford was 1-for-4 with two strikeouts.
- Zach Thompson in his return to Double-A: 1 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K
Potomac 8, Winston-Salem 3
- Nick Madrigal went 1-for-4 with a triple.
- Carlos Perez, 0-for-3.
Is there a reason Robert is getting so many off days? Didn’t play on Thursday either.
Shared a Mountain Dew with Madrigal?
If he’s back on the field tomorrow, I’d guess they’re managing the start of his season with scheduled off days to ease him into a full season, since he hasn’t come close to playing one yet.
Carson Fulmer is beginning to convince me he can be a major leaguer. Maybe even more than a mop-up guy?
I’m beginning to think this too. I’d like to see him started off as the 7th inning guy in the bigs sometime soon.
What’s the rush?
Bullpenners not named Colome
Madgroundball’s triple was hit hard down the third base line. Progress.
Due to the broken wrist, I’m giving him until the AS break before expecting sustained hard contact.
For now, I’m satisfied by the # of balls he’s pulling to LF.
Fegan posted his write-up of the Cease start.
Well we don’t get to enjoy Fernando Tatis on our squad, but we signed his 17 year old brother, Elijah, for 500k
For a kid who went unsigned from July 2 until now, seems like a hefty overpay.
@PauliePaulie I believe he’s part of the upcoming class
He was eligible to sign with any team during this signing period.